Cannot feel the effect

Posted by RubiesHealth on Apr 17, 2013

I have tested many CoQ10 formula - ubiquinol, ubiquinone (Kaneka certified), oil-based in softgel, powder form in capsule, hydro-soluble form that is recommended by cardiologist Dr Sinatra, and more. This formula seems to contain the right ingredient to enhance absorption - olive oil as a carrier, lecithin as an emulsifier, and pepper which is known to aid absorption. But I do not feel the effect in sports, even after taking twice or 3 times daily. Don't take CoQ10 simply for peace of mind. It is not like supplements that work "quietly", like calcium, until you do a scan or blood test. You can and you must feel the difference with CoQ10. Test the effect by doing something physically strenuous, like climbing stairs for old-folks, or doing your regular sport. There are many brands on iherb (despite lower ratings) that are more effective. Jarrow A-Absorb series and Country Life hydrosoluble softgel are examples.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

CoQ10 is an critcal antioxidant that not only neutralise free radicals, CoQ10 is mainly found in heart, kidney and liver. it is also important in energy production (ATP). CoQ10 also helps the body in many other ways like reducing high blood pressure, cholesterol, reverse neuro,degenerative disease, prevent heart diseases. . Our CoQ10 level in our body declines as we age therefore it's important to supplement with this products. For this product, it is very affordable. Doctor's Best has the best pricings and other companies are selling at much higher prices. The softgels are made of gelatin (not for vegetarian), smaller than the veggie caps and easy to swallow. The CoQ10 is pharmaceutical-grade from Japan so the quality is from a good source. One thing to take note is that CoQ10 is fat-soluable and it comes with extra-virgin olive oil within the softgels so it should not be an issue. In addition, CoQ10 is known to be poor absorbed when taken orally. This product is in the ubiquinone form which means it will still need to be converted to the ubiquinol to be used. If you can also buy ubiquinol but it's much more expensive. Therefore, each pill comes with bioperine which is clincally provided to increase absorption by 31.8%! In addition, bioperine can also aid to increase absorption of other supplements taken at the same time. The instruction is to take 1 caps daily. Imo, 1 caps per daily is too little and you are unlikely to feel anything. I would recommend at least 2 caps per days. 3-4 will be ideal and you can really feel the energy boost at this level. If you take 4 per day, this bottle can last a month and it's not pricey for the benefits. Best kept in refrigerator and the oil component is easily oxidised in hot and humid climate. Check out my page for more reviews!

Very Good!

Posted by Reviewer3075169 on Apr 27, 2008

This is my favorite coq10,I have tried many brands over the years and this is the best.This one works!

CoQ10

Posted by Reviewer1067776 on Jun 11, 2008

Excellent product. I have taken many forms of CoQ10 (and I don't think I could function without it), and this one is especially effective.

George

Posted by Reviewer1066768 on Apr 18, 2008

I chose this iHerb product out of many online simular products because it was the best price by far and it was by far the best product. It has a high amount of high quality Japanese CoQ10. It was combined as it should be with bioperine,Vit E, and in a oil base. This cobination is often hard to find at the right price.

Amazing stuff

Posted by Reviewer3252220 on Aug 21, 2008

My dad takes this and it really helps him alot. It has really given him a lot of energy!

great product

Posted by Reviewer1820521 on Mar 01, 2012

Since last summer I've been taking this about 2-3 times a week, for heart and nerve damage I got from a seizure-inducing Ativan addiction in 2004(which the prescribing doctors always told me was not addictive). Since taking this CoQ10, my heart palpitations have really diminished, and I feel much stronger. I'm able to work out without getting extremely shaky and fatigued the next day. I also don't wake up in a sweat with heart palpitations as often as I used to. My anxiety levels and social phobias have gone down as well, and I feel much more in control. I also get no bad symptoms from any of the fillers. I really like these softgels. Just wish CoQ10 wasn't so expensive, since I live below poverty level, thanks to the pharmaceutical industry ruining a decade of my life. It's definitely something any psyche med survivor should try. I've never heard of it helping nerve damage and would love to see some research on this aspect. I'm sure it's healed some of my nerve damage.

Not Credible Explanation

Posted by Reviewer3226106 on Jun 27, 2008

I received and used several orders of this product. They are normally a creamy orange color inside the softgel. I received an order in which the softgel contents were separated with part being a clear orange. iherb replaced the order. The replacements were mostly separated but some were completely clear orange as if one of the ingredients was missing. Doctor's Best responded but not with a credible explanation. I can't help but question the integrity and quality of this product and therefore other Doctor's Best products.

Very important if you are taking statins!

Posted by NaturalHealthSK on Dec 15, 2014

CoQ10 is a compound that occurs naturally within the cells of the human body. Its main role is to support energy production in our cells and act as an anti-oxidant. As I said, this conditionally essential nutrient is really important if you are taking statins, since these inhibit CoQ10 production in the body, and/or if you have inherited mitochondrial disease, but you might also give it a shot if you are suffering from one of the following: Periodontal disease; Heart problems; Fibromyalgia; Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; Migraines; Depression; Hypertension; Huntington’s disease; Parkinson’s disease..and possibly much more, since as an anti-oxidant, it has potential to be helpful in every disease where oxidative stress is increased. There is much more research that has to be done on some of the mentioned health ailments though. As we get older, we are becoming less effective in converting CoQ10 from this form, ubiquinone, to reduced and active form, ubiquinol, so if you are 50+, consider taking active form of CoQ10. Me and my family have only good experiences with this brand, so I definitely recommend this product to you. Price is great too!

Skin looks much better

Posted by 4717731087784619802 on Apr 17, 2015

I ordered this product for me and my mother, because i read a lot about how important is CoQ10 for everyone, especially over 30. Im sure it has many benefits, but for the 2 weeks we are taking it i can tell for sure that our skin looks much better. My mother is 57 years old and her face looks great now, the small wrinkles are looking more smooth and i guess in future it will get even better. CoQ10 has also great benefits for her blood pressure. I feel more energy after takig these and my other supplements, so im not sure if its the CoQ10 or the others...or maybe all together, but i feel great and love it! With this being said i suggest taking this one right after food (we take it after our lunch), cause the BioPerine in it may cause some troubles in the stomach(heartburn) if your stomach is sensitive and isnt used the black pepper. Will add reviews to all other stuff i use to support my healthy weight loss, so if you like my review please let me know by clicking Yes and also feel free to check My iHerb page to see all my other reviews! Thank you!