Powerful, Provides Energy, Sex Drive

Posted by Reviewer2421927 on Jul 10, 2009

I have been taking a variety of dietary supplements, including vitamins, minerals, and herbs, for more than 25 years. This is one of the most powerful. In the potency of its effects, it is almost more like a pharmaceutical. I have found cordyceps to be an aphrodisiac. It increases my sex drive, my energy level, and my overall sense of well-being. After going off of it for three or four days, I feel as though my very life energy has drained away, and I become depressed. The Planetary Herbals brand is also good, but Doctor's Best seems to be especially potent. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, cordyceps is a kidney tonic. Indeed, it increases the frequency of my urination.

Awesome product

Posted by Reviewer1156935 on Jan 08, 2008

This product is like a miracle to me. For years I had constant fatigue that I could just not get rid of. Well this product gave me renewed stamina and energy just like I had when I was 20. Im 46 now and I'm glad I decided to try this. Its awesome!

Ken Parker

Posted by Reviewer2563664 on May 18, 2008

Used to stop heart palpitations. It worked well.

Potent Adaptogen For Everyone - Visit my account page for more reviews.

Posted by 5014533988655152493 on Sep 16, 2013

Cordyceps is a much revered herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine, perhaps more so than any other herbs. It's an expensive herb in TCM but thanks to modern biotechnology, most people can avail themselves of this wonderful herb at a reasonable price. The problem is there're so many brands out there purporting to have the same medicinal benefits as the whole herb that it's quite confusing for consumers. There're many scientific research in cordyceps and the three indicators that show the quality of the source are the amount of Cordycepins, Cordyceptic Acid (aka D Mannotol) and Adenosine present. None of the supplements state the amount of Cordycepins (what makes cordyceps has the anti-tumor property, we're looking at 0.1%-0.3% to be the expected range), many do state the amount Adenosine (ranges from 0.1%-0.3%) and cordycepic acid (7-10%). What ultimately made me choose Dr. Best's over others is a combination of value, generally good reviews here and a listed guaranteed active ingredients (0.3% adenosine, others who bothered to list are just at 0.1%) and a generous dosage per capsule(750mg). I immediately feel the effect when I first start to take it, being more balanced in my mood and the full effect is felt on the third day by which I was taking 3 caps a day and found it a little over-stimulating. I think I will stick to 2 caps a day, of course it varies among individuals. I've been taking cordyceps for quite some years and what I find to be the most effective way of taking cordyceps supplement is take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning with warm/hot water, though I take one in the morning and another half an hour before lunch (on an empty stomach as well) and the energy will last me a whole day without feeling the need to nap in the afternoon. Try to refrain from drinking caffeinated drinks when taking cordyceps. It's also a good supplement for vegans raw foodists who tend to have a cold and damp consituition, this supplement balances out spleen and warms the body, it's all about balance folks.

MY RESULTS WITH CORDYSEPS PLUS

Posted by Reviewer1140957 on Jul 19, 2009

After 2 weeks of using this product, I have noticed a slight increase in energy. Not as much as I thought but still an increase. I have also noticed that my joints are hurting less and believe it is due to taking cordyseps plus. I plan on buying more soon and hope that I am feeling even more energetic after using cordyseps plus for a longer period of time.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Cordyceps is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Cordyceps is known to be anti cancer, improve athletic performance and stamina, boost libido, anti aging, build energy and endurance, immune boosting, strengthen cardiovascular system, improve HDL to LDL cholesterol ratio, increase cognitive function, support liver, kidney and lung functions, anti inflammatory, regulate blood glucose level, improve fertility, regulate blood pressure and others. The best strain of Cordyceps is commonly recognised to be from Tibetian Mountains which this product is from. This product has also added Ginkgo Biloba, a brain herb known to boost brain circulation and oxygen level and Artichoke, a liver herb known for aid the liver and relieve digestive and bowel issues. However, they are present in such low dosages that I am not sure if I felt anything. The product is standardised, ensuring that you are getting minimum amount of the active ingredients. From my personal experience, I find that I have much more energy and my stamina has improved as well. It seems to work as well as the cordyceps standalone product by Doctor’s Best. The suggested use is 1-4 capsules daily. 2 capsules daily seem to work well enough for me. The capsule is vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. Pricewise, it’s fairly reasonable. The downside is that it contains flow agent, magnesium silicate. It’s not as common as magnesium stearate. It will be better if they have a larger version. Check out my page for more reviews!

Surprised at how quickly I felt the effects.

Posted by Reviewer1091251 on Nov 07, 2010

Within 24 hours felt much more energetic on two capsules a day. I found that if I took a capsule after 3pm, I had difficulty falling asleep at night.

I got a bad batch.:(

Posted by Reviewer1467941 on Jan 04, 2013

I have taken this product before, and liked the fact that it supports kidney and lung health. Didn't have any complaints at all about the first bottle I used, but the second one had a terrible "off" smell and taste... sort of rancid or musty. Yes, I know it IS a mushroom based product, but something was really wrong with the second bottle. I wish iHerb had a better way to give feedback on specific problems with products. I know I can't return it because it's open... but feel like they need to know that something is not right with this. I am also sending them an e-mail about it. I feel bad about posting this because I have purchased from iHerb for years and LOVE them, and I love the Doctor's Best brand and have never had any complaint about their products before.

Good product!

Posted by Reviewer2896968 on Oct 21, 2010

These seem to be just as good as products sold by TCM practioners & herbalists and more economical. I've been taking Cordyceps for more than 10 years and I believe that they really help boost ones immune system.

Powerful supplement

Posted by Reviewer2374757 on May 01, 2009

studies have shown it to be effective for chronic fatigue, liver problem, circulation problems. Afflicted with all 3 due to Lyme taking this with MyCo Defence by Natures Way and Garlic Factors by Natural Factors. I seem to be improving. Dr Zhang talks about Cordyceps and Garlic in his book Lyme Disease and Modern Chinese Medicine.