Awesome alternative for those wanting an Organic Wedding cake.

Posted by Reviewer2026474 on Aug 26, 2011

Bought this product for a wedding cake I was doing in another state. The bride wanted organic but something simple for me to use since I was not in my own kitchen. When figuring amount you need add a couple of boxes. The amount of batter yielded is about 3 1/2 cups. Your typical boxed mix will yield 4 - 5 1/2 cups. Lucky for me I had an extra box. Cake is super dense but very moist! It was a huge hit and guests were asking for 2nds and 3rds .

Best cake mix

Posted by Reviewer3159614 on Sep 14, 2008

I have used this cake mix several times now for wedding cakes. Each time I get rave reviews such as "this is the best wedding cake I have ever had!" Very easy to make and great quality.

The BEST box cake mix ever!

Posted by Reviewer2647373 on Apr 26, 2010

I love all the products Dr. Oetker makes. This cake mix is one of their best. I make it as is and it tastes like I made a cake from scratch. The fact that it's organic helps me justify the fact that I'm eating cake ;-) I often add ripe bananas to it by beating the bananas on HIGH with the eggs, before adding the cake mix. That will insure that the bananas do not settle to the bottom of the cake pan while baking. Makes a great banana cake! I also use this mix as the base for coconut cake. I makes a 5 star desert when combined with cream cheese icing and coconut mixed in with the cake mix.

Yellow cake mix

Posted by Reviewer1918472 on May 15, 2008

Tastes like homemade, am using it for my wedding cake. Would love to see other varieties.

No harmful ingredients * Tastes good

Posted by Reviewer2220010 on Apr 23, 2009

This vanilla cake tastes like its made from scatch. Just don't overbake or it will be crusty. Might want to decrease time a little and check it. After it cools, I top it with delicious Dr. O's chocolate frosting! We Dr. O's chocolate cake, too.

Great box mix

Posted by Reviewer2468909 on Aug 26, 2009

Great mix. Had a close to homemade flavor and texture. Turned out very moist. Loved that when I sifted it all the natural sugar was left in the sifter! That doesn't happen with regular box mixes.

Good mix

Posted by Reviewer1985459 on Jan 02, 2014

This is a great go to mix for any simple cake you need or want to make. I have added lemon zest, extracts and dry pudding mixes to change up the cake's taste and outcome. Let you imagination explore.

Very nice cake

Posted by Lillyhammer on Oct 22, 2015

I throw apples and cinnamon in, and it's the best apple cake around

yummy!

Posted by carmenpear on Jun 06, 2016

Will buy again for sure!

Good!

Posted by Reviewer1701478 on Jun 22, 2010

Just haven't tried it yet but looks really good.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »