Caused me so much blackheads and it smells terrible!

Posted by honestreviews1 on Sep 02, 2012

Title says it all. I used it as facial wash - lots of blackheads on my nose and forehead afterwards. Used it on my body - lots of blackheads on my back. I used this for sometime, thinking that my skin is just getting used to this, but after two months, it's still the same. So not for me.

Eileen Wilson

Posted by Reviewer2685869 on Nov 25, 2008

Excellent moisturizing soap. Best I've ever tried. No skin residue. Non-irritating even for the ederly.

Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Pure Black Soap, With Organic Shea Butter

Posted by Reviewer1113890 on Jan 30, 2009

This soap is very versatile and gentle but I was expecting a great scent and a thicker consistency (from other posts). Instead it is much the same as other liquid castile soap I have used.

Love it!!

Posted by Reviewer1207577 on Feb 04, 2009

I stumbled across this product on the website and thought I would give it a try. I love it!!! I have been trying to eliminate many of my chemical-laden body products so this was perfect. I use it as a facial cleanser, body wash and shampoo and I have no complaints about its effectiveness in any of those categories. I will be ordering more.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1473649 on May 27, 2008

I use it not only for bathing but for shaving as well. Works really well as a shaving cream. Typically I don't even have to use aftershave as there are no razor burns.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Dr Wood soap contains all natural ingredients and it’s very versatile. It does not contains harsh chemicals such as paraben, phthalate, sodium lauryl sulphate. It’s biodegradable and does not leave behind harmful chemicals in the environment. It does not irritate the eyes much when it accidently gets into the eyes. This is not the same when you use conventional soap loaded with many unknown chemical. I have tried the black soap standalone and black soap + shea butter. I prefer the shea butter combination as it helps to moisturize better as well. I have very oily facial skin and one facial wash can last me 4-5 hours before it needs another wash. My facial skin does not dry up when I wash my face frequently. I also use it for shampoo, body wash, shaving, washing clothes, dishes and floor. Basically, it’s an all in one bottle! It’s comparable cheaper than its rival Dr Bronner soap which sells similar soap. Check out my page for more reviews!

Great Product

Posted by craftygirl on Mar 03, 2009

First time I have used Dr. Woods, my daughter and I have fair skin that breaks out easily, works really great. Smell very nice and leaves a fresh soft scent. Would highly recommend it. I will buy Dr. Woods soaps again.

Waste of $

Posted by Reviewer3009568 on Nov 04, 2010

It's a "fake" black soap; very drying, leaves scum all over shower tile/glass, doesn't smell fresh. Try another brand like Nubian Heritage.

Smells like a sleazy dude

Posted by Reviewer2893604 on Nov 14, 2013

Purchased this based on all the glowing reviews and was looking forward to trying it. UGH! The scent, or I should say odor, was a complete turn off - an overpowering, cheap, spicy men's cologne that you often smell on gold-chain-wearing men with their shirts unbuttoned down to there.

evaluation of Dr. Woods Black Soap with Shea Butter

Posted by Reviewer1794049 on Dec 24, 2008

i have used dr. bronner's (bar & liquid soaps), the whole foods generic brand (liquid only), kiss my face (bars only), and dr. woods soaps. my skin type is on the dry side. i am sensitive to fragrances and oils in soaps. this evaluation is based on personal preference through experience. i find dr. woods to be the most gentle of the soaps i have used and dr. bronner's to be the harshest. although all these soaps have rich oil bases and are all-natural, dr. woods happens to be the one i prefer. i feel clean when i scrub with it and when i rinse it off, my skin feels smooth. in comparison, other liquid soaps leave my skin feeling as if it has been dried and that there is still soap residue left. i considered it as an effect of the shea butter but i have also used the almond soap w/out shea butter with same effect. i use this soap instead of body washes because although body washes can be good for moisturizing, they do not leave me with a satisfactory clean feeling. the black soap did improve complexion. i do not have an acne problem but do occasionally get irritations on my skin due to dryness. the black soap takes care of these irritations effectively. it soothes and clears them away quickly. whatever oils that are in this soap agree with my skin. this is something i appreciate since i have a mild allergic reaction to most fragrances and oils in cleaning products. since this soap is gentle on my skin as well as an effective cleanser, i will continue to buy this and use it for the rest of my life unless the formula is changed. i would recommend this soap if someone were looking for a good soap to buy. it is better than dr. bronner's. in fact, i feel that this is the best soap we have out there on the market today that is actual soap.