UPDATED REVIEW - Twelve months later, this is on the 'Too Good To Be True' pile - Unsuitable for regular use on face

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 19, 2014

I've been using this most days for approx 12 months going by the date I first bought this - and in more recent months I've noticed unmistakably yellow skin around my eyes. That's never happened with anything else, let alone a skin care product. Over the last 12 months I've also struggled with a seemingly increasing number of small reactions to other things that used to be fine - though once I eliminated them, an underlying issue still seemed to remain. I foolishly didn't think to stop using this sooner. I've stopped using it now, and the yellow skin has gone. My eyes and face are also less puffy and I feel less fatigued. I didn't use much at all - refilling/reusing the bottle and dropper from the smaller size I bought to try first, I mixed ONE drop with some water on my palms to make a very thin liquid - some lazy-at-home days I didn't use any at all. Thinking back now, it was those days I didn't use this where I started to look and feel better. I currently don't use anything but water to cleanse and moisturise my face and it seems to be coping just fine - I could care less if my skin falls off, it would still be an improvement on whatever was going on while using this (which thankfully has stopped). I've spent so much time and money trying to find a low-salicylate/low-phenol hypoallergenic oil I can use that I'm happy sticking with nothing for now. Remember - what goes on the skin goes straight into the bloodstream. If you start to experience unexplained headaches please STOP using this oil. NOTE: I'm going to contact the company to ask what vit E they use as preservative. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above. ORIGINAL REVIEW posted by Read-More-Reviews--Here - No salicylates or phytoestrogens! Not greasy at all - leaves skin feeling very soft, smooth and blotch/irritation free. Also true to claims and doesn't clog pores - beats anything else I've tried. Definitely choose certified fully refined. Disappointed I didn't get a bigger bottle, but seems to vanish quickly and this was only one available (can see why). Was also being cautious due to prior experience - $6 is very reasonable and a little goes a long way. I mix with water on palms before applying.

very good for reducing redness on face

Posted by Reviewer1643020 on Apr 14, 2012

I have broken capillares on my face and this emu oil is great for treating that problem. Recommended!

Posted by Reviewer2075568 on Jul 27, 2010

I have been using this oil only for about week or two but I seem to see a change on the skin on my face. It has helped clear blemishes from my face. I use the oil before going to bed, and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is very soft. I use it during the day sometimes too, some times my skin stays a little oily, but usually the oil gets absorbed well. It does not clog my pores. I will reorder this again. Thank you for prompt processing and fast shipping.

Nice moisturizer oil!!!

Posted by 5543102205800320109 on Oct 19, 2012

I use it with shampoo, conditioner, creams. Works wonderful!

instead of eye cream

Posted by netalee on Feb 22, 2012

I use it on my eyelids and around my eyes, little wrinkles under my eyes look really good.

Great for Scars!

Posted by Reviewer3329401 on Mar 08, 2012

As other reviews mentioned, this product is great for removing redness and scars. I started using it as my nightly moisturizer and it works wonderful. A little goes a long way, so the small bottle should last awhile. No scent and not super greasy. Perfect texture to smooth over skin.

This Oil is Great!!

Posted by Reviewer1175681 on May 26, 2011

I use it on my skin and my skin feels so soft, I also use this oil to massage my scalp and my hair is getting fuller where I have a thinning spot. I will order this oil again. Its a keeper.

Posted by Reviewer1654595 on Feb 22, 2011

Hard to extract the oil from the bottle, impossible to used up all unless you crack the bottle. Comfortable using it

Posted by Reviewer1274616 on May 14, 2011

This is wonderful stuff for itchy skin...try it.

good

Posted by FataMorgana on Feb 27, 2011

a good moisturizer, but a little clogs the pores