Frontier Natural Products, Organic Powdered Ceylon Cinnamon, 16 oz (453 g)

Very, very good

Posted by Reviewer2319370 on Sep 30, 2012

I have used ceylon cinnamon for years, buying it from Mountain Rose and Penzeys Spices, and I must say that this one from Frontier is the best I have ever tasted. The flavor is stronger than either penzeys or mountain rose, but it has the same delicate vanilla-citrus smell and flavor of good quality Ceylon. This is the first bag of Frontier's ceylon I've bought, so I have no way of knowing why some other reviewers thought the quality was bad. But I will say this: the 1st bag of ceylon I ever bought was tan in color, not bright like cassia cinnamon, and had no odor. I thought it must be bad, so I put it away, forgot about it, and ordered one from Penzeys. Lo and behold, the Penzeys stuff was exactly the same! I then realized that ceylon was very different from cassia, and wound up using both bags and enjoying the delicate flavor in coffee. I use ceylon for my brain (it has been shown to dissolve tau tangles in the brain, so warding off Alzheimer's) and I have found it very effective in increasing brain sharpness. But I also love the taste of ceylon, and because it has only negligible coumarin content, I can use several tsp a day. One word of warning: I have also bought supposed ceylon from another online spice store (my spice sage) which although it has good quality spices in other categories, sent me a cinnamon that clearly was not ceylon, tasted like a variety of cassia with its sharp taste, and yet they insisted it was ceylon. I am definitely going to order Frontier ceylon again, and I am thankful to Iherb that their price for this product is lower than elsewhere.

Ooh-La-Lah! Subtly Delicious!

Posted by Reviewer2321233 on Feb 05, 2012

The first time I was to order, I became a little Worried I was making a Poor Choice, based on the other Reviewers, who'd stated it was "too mild," or "less Flavorful" --though Correct in both counts, they Should've also Said How much Better-Tasting this Subtle Favor imparts to Breakfast, Coffee, Yogurt, even Indian Crock Pot Meals, (in home-made Garan Masala). Additionally, it lasts a Looooong Time. And there are so many Uses for it; I even add it to Reheated Coffee, w/ a touch of the Madagascar Vanilla, and the Coffee Tastes Great again, w/o having its Taste distorted by strong Cinnamon Flavor. When I was running out of it, I bought the Reg. Organic Cinnamon, at the local Store, and Wow! what a surprise in the difference in Flavo! I no longer liked that Cinnamon's Strong smell and taste. If anything, This Subtle Ceylon Cinnamon's Flavor is Highly Desirable, and once tried, you 'll likely never go back to the Stronger-smelling "Fake" cinnamon, (Read the Info on Cinnamon).

Strange taste

Posted by Reviewer2602542 on May 28, 2012

Strange taste! been using different cinnamon that was great tasting, this I can't stand. maybe it's just me, who knows

not well preserved

Posted by Reviewer2882422 on Apr 20, 2012

powder has already reacted with air before being sealed in the bag, fresh powder is pugnant and flavorful, sadly this is not it

Yuck!

Posted by Reviewer1682184 on Jun 30, 2011

I usually order organic ceylon cinnamon from another online merchant, so this is my one experience with Frontier's. I tried it because it was much less expensive than my other brand. It smells and tastes sour, whereas my other cinnamon smells and tastes sweet. This stuff is such a disappointment and departure from my usual brand that I actually ran starch tests on both brands to see if one was lying about their cinnamon being true ceylon, but both passed the test. I suppose that wherever Frontier gets theirs, it's just not as good; maybe too young or a foul-tasting strain. I don't know what else to think, given the expiration on the package says March 2014, which is almost three years away. I'll be switching back to my other brand pronto.