New To iHerb?

Frontier Natural Products, Organic Powdered Stevia Herb, 16 oz (453 g)

Organic Powered Stevia Herb by Frontier

Posted by Reviewer2138475 on Aug 09, 2011

This is the pure herb powdered. Tastes great.Doesn't leave any nasty after taste in your mouth like the white powder stevia stuff. It is a far superior product.

Know what you're buying!

Posted by Reviewer3131261 on Apr 05, 2013

This is the PURE stevia leaf, dried up and powdered! It's not an extract, it's the real deal! It doesn't work well for cooking, and it tastes totally different than the extract. Having said that, I love this stuff! At first I thought it tastes a bit strange, but it grew on me. It definitely has the sweet satisfying factor to me, and I can go without honey/maple syrup once I put this in my drink. I got used to it after a few days of using it. A side benefit is that it helps my stomach feel better as well, and I'm sure it's alkalizing due to it's 'greenness'. Very good stuff for the price, and organic! You only need 1/4 of a teaspoon per cup.. don't put too much or it will not taste good because it will be too strong! I used 1 pound in about 1 year.

An excellent source of whole leaf Steva, for its health benefits, and sweeteninng

Posted by JESUSiTRUSTInYOU on Mar 14, 2013

I have recently begun using this whole leaf Stevia powder (it's green, and has plant fiber in it) in my "Nescafé Cassico" instant coffee, with hot water which I keep in my thermos(s) after boiling filtered water. I find it is especially very sweet and enjoyable after steeping a while (I have a single cup electric warmer made by Corning Ware and a large Corning Ware cup with a cover, which is sold as a set). Reading research herbal data (rain-tree.com/stevia), you will find many health benefits attributed to the whole leaf of the Steva plant. After I purchased the "Frontier Natural Products" whole leaf Steva powder, from iHerb.com, I removed the ground whole Steva powder from the sealed package, and store it in my own jar type container, to maintain freshness and for ease of use. The many negative reviews for natural Steva is unfortunate, as it is famous world wide for its fine health and sweetening qualities, and it is easily dissolved in a water solution, taken in capsules, or mixed into various foods. Just be patient. There are no known side effects, and in fact has been found to be anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti- fungal. The Japanese are reportedly the world's largest consumers of Steva products. It is commercially grown in Texas, Central America, South America, China, Israel, and still grows wild in parts of South America. It has also reportedly been widely used in Europe for several centuries, after its discovery by early explorers.

The real thing

Posted by Reviewer2954499 on Oct 05, 2011

This leaf extract is the nearest you come to growing Stevia yourself. Wouldnt use it in tea, but excellent when making green smoothie etc.

Sweet and Green; Easy to Use

Posted by Reviewer2095580 on Dec 21, 2011

The powder is light and flows well; sweet, green (a surprise). I am very satisfied.