Garden of Life, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

Coconut oil

Posted by ZlatinVal From Bulgaria on Aug 22, 2012

Many companies do NOT use Bisphenol A-free plastic containers when store coconut oil and that pose a problem with leaching these kind of chemicals because they are fat soluble. 'Garden of Life' offers his virgin coconut oil in a glass container on acceptable price. The only problem is the weight of the item for international customers.

oil

Posted by Reviewer2228432 From Louisiana on Dec 01, 2008

I use the oil for my skin and gave some to my grandmother who has Psoriasis and it does work as a good lotion for skin. My grandmother seemed to like it, it helped with scab production.

Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 32 ounce

Posted by Reviewer2183128 From Minnesota on Apr 17, 2013

I have been buying this for years. I have never seen this so bad before...The jar I received last week, upon taking out one scoop I saw what looked like tainted product, sort of contaminated looking. So I scooped out a couple spoonfuls off top of product, and found two sections of discolored areas, dirty looking in nature, sort of like a pnch of motor oil mixed in and as I scooped further, a sort of crazing pattern emerged in the lower portions. I have seen other discoloration of this product before but not this dark and in huge areas. Anyway iherb wanted photos, so I proceeded to burn up an hour of my time trying to photograph white stuff... looking into the jar, and was not that successful. Then I decided I would try to slow melt the bad portions to see what would emerge, and what I found was that there was two larger chunks of product with a higher melting point (they refused to melt at the same temperature as the white oil). So I can only conclude that the discoloration is actually, a filler oil of some kind. I still like the taste of this product, but purity is now in question. I will have to use this big jar now (as I cannot prove my claim to iherb without a clear photo) as body oil and I don't feel like eating it. If you find your product discolored know that iherb will want proof in a photo and its pretty hard to photograph white stuff inside a jar. So I would suggest you go with a different brand just incase.

Good but nothing special

Posted by Reviewer2088629 From Netherlands on Apr 28, 2011

I bought this one because it's in a glass container, it's extra virgin and organic and because I was impressed with the good reviews. I'm less impressed with the flavor, aroma and texture, which are only average. The Philippine coconut oil I'm getting at my local health food shop is definitely nicer.

I can't live without it

Posted by Reviewer2843407 From California on Jun 22, 2010

I cut butter out of my diet years ago. It was just too costly in the calorie department. I missed the texture and flavor but never looked back. Now I have something that totally satifies that desire for fat and moisture without putting on pounds. This stuff is delicious. I am so grateful for a healthy, tasty fat substitute!