Excellent!!

Posted by Scottishdave on Oct 20, 2011

Bioastin astaxanthin is the highest quality form. Great value, superlative supplement for anti-oxidant protection of the skin, eyes and brain. Destroys inflammatory conditions in the body in days at 12mg/day. Amazing results with family members for osteoarthritis and other inflammatory conditions unsuccessfully treated with painkillers at this dosing. Works in days too. Formula is non gmo in a statement from Healthy Origins- 'the Vitamin E is naturally derived from the Astaxanthin raw material. All ingredients are Non-GMO.'

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Astaxanthin is one of the best supplements to take. Known as the king of carotenoids, it is a powerful antioxidant that can be readily enter the blood brain barrier to protect the brain and prevent neurodegenerative diseases, greatly increase athletic performance and stamina and shorten recovery time, increase eye vision and protect the eye from UV light, protect skin from sunburn (unusual benefits), anti inflammatory, halt cancer growth, improve immune system, never becomes pro-oxidant (even vitamin C can become oxidant), prevent cardiovascular diseases, alleviates carpal tunnel syndrome, joints pain, protects against UV light and others! Personally, the most felt effect is the improvement in athletic performance. I felt that I can tolerate the pain when running at fast constant speed for much longer distance. After exercising, the body is less likely to ache as well. Another important benefit is the prevention of sunburn. I have fair skin and tend to get sunburn easily. After taking Astaxanthin, I can last long hours under the sun without getting burn. Most people will need to take 2-3 softgels (8-12 mg daily) for maximum benefits. Astanxanthin used to be a lot cheaper before appearing on TV (Dr Oz). Prices have increased quite a lot but this isn’t too expensive. The softgel is made of gelatin (not for vegetarians), small and easy to swallow. Note that Astaxanthin inhibits nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is needed in body but can be harmful if produced in excess. It works as a vasodilator and it is important in men’s penile erections as well. I have tried dosing at 20mg daily and it does affect penile erection. I do not eliminate that the fact that this can be placebo which seems highly unlikely. Generally, it’s best to just stick to lower dosages. It used to be the cheapest per mg but not longer. Check out my page for more reviews!

Amazing!!!

Posted by Reviewer1581616 on Dec 18, 2011

After watching Dr. Mercola on Dr. Oz's show, we decided to try it. My husband has had painful osteoarthritis of his right hand with red swollen knuckles for about 6 years. He took astaxanthin for 2 days and we were shocked to see the swelling disappear. It has also helped his knee tendonitis (from years of running) and climbing stairs is so easy now.

Posted by Reviewer1906911 on Jun 30, 2011

My eyesight has improved and my skin looks a lot healthier and less lined. I am very impressed, Astaxanthin is now my number one supplement!

✓✓✓

Posted by Reviewer1946996 on Nov 17, 2011

I suffer from bad eczema and my body is very sensitive to eating many different foods. Thought I'd give this product a try and it really does help with reducing inflammation significantly. If I do happen to eat the wrong thing now it seems my body is much more resilient and don't break out as severely. My eczema is much better off now.

NOT a good quality astaxanthin!!

Posted by Reviewer1391297 on Jun 04, 2012

It might be a good price, but the quality isn't good. I had been taking the NOW brand for a long time, then decided to try Healthy Origins, due to the price and the amount that you get. Whereas I had been able to comfortably go without sunglasses with the NOW brand, I found myself always squinting with this brand. Its inferior quality became clear today when I went for a walk, without suntan lotion, and ended up getting a bright red sunburn. With the other brand, I would have gotten just the lightest hint of color from that same walk. I'm not even going to bother finishing off the bottle, I'm going back to my old brand.

Sun Protection

Posted by Reviewer2997991 on Jun 15, 2011

I think this is supposed to help protect the skin among other benefits and I can attest to that. Have been golfing 3 times in the past week in 100+ temps (no sunscreen) and no sign of sunburn.

Better than expected

Posted by Reviewer1595435 on Jul 24, 2011

This product far surpasses my expectations. A chalazion I had on my upper eyelid for over a year began to drain within a week, I have stamina when exercising beyond belief and don't get as easily winded. I've only been taking Astaxanthin for about a month and look forward to any other benefits it can provide.

sundamaged skin

Posted by Reviewer2541665 on Aug 03, 2011

I have so far only used one bottle of Astaxanthin, I take 3 a day, and alreay two very bad and rather large sundamaged spots on my face are reciding

Protects skin from sun damage and prevents and reduces wrinkles

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 11, 2014

On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. Astaxanthin works as an internal sunscreen. It can radically reduce your risk of developing severe sunburn and related skin damage. It takes several weeks for the dose to build up to achieve UV protection, and to help improve your skin’s overall moisture balance and elasticity. I like Astaxanthin as an antiaging supplement. The Astaxanthin will capture the free radicals before they hit the collagen. When you keep your elastin and collagen healthy, you prevent and reduce wrinkles.