Finally below 200

Posted by Reviewer1887416 on Jul 23, 2008

I have been trying to get my cholesterol down below 200 for the past 10 years. I am not able to use statin drugs because of the side effects that they gave me. I tried more than 10 different statin drugs and they all had negative effects on me. Some gave me very bad muscle pain, some would put my arms to sleep and some would put my leg to sleep, and one made my liver count go up. A friend of mine who also uses your Red Yeast Rice, Cholestene, told me how it had lowered her cholesterol. I did not believe it because I had read about the FDA in 2000 making the suppliers of Red Yeast Rice take the Lovostatin out of the product, before it could be sold in the USA. She assured me that it had lowered her cholesterol anyway, so I said I would give it a try. I started using your RYR on May 15th. I went to the doctor on July 21st for my usual cholesterol check and they called me the next day to tell me that my total Cholesterol had gone from 262 on my last visit, to 179 on this visit. I was just blown away. I have been taking three cholestene twice a day. I will now start taking two capsules two times a day, now that it has gone below 200. I just wanted to thank you for your great product and to order another 3 months supply, Yours truly, Larry

Try this before a statin-

Posted by treater on May 19, 2012

(if your doctor is willing to work with you, that is) We eat wholesome, heathy foods and take quality supplements. (also no sugar) We have tried different strategies for years to lower my husbads LDL, with no success... until now! After taking Healthy Origins Cholestene and Tocomin Supra Bio for four months, (with no side effects whatsoever) here are his lab reports: (B=before, A=after) Total Cholesterol: B-239, A-147 HDL: B-52, A-47 LDL: B-149, A-83 Triglycerides, B-149, A-86 Chol/HDLC Ratio: B-4.6, A-3.1 His doctor was amazed and told him to continue this regimen. Cholestene, 2 caps morning meal, 2 caps evening meal. (4 caps total per day) Tocomin SupraBio, 1 softgel a.m.

This Is A Miracle

Posted by Reviewer3090220 on May 10, 2013

I'm one month shy of my 60th BD and have been battling a rising cholesterol for years. Cutting out meat and going vegetarian didn't even help. The numbers kept creeping up. Last June, 2012, my blood work was: Total Serum Cholesterol 269; Triglycerides 115; HDL 52; LDL 79; Cholesterol/HDL ratio 2.9. After 6 months of taking 2 capsules twice a day of Cholestene my blood work is: Total Serum Cholesterol 147; Triglycerides 87; LDL 79; HDL 51; Cholesterol/HDL ratio 2.9. First, obviously my initial HDL, LDL, and Cholesterol/HDL ratio were normal in June, 2012, and those numbers did not change. But, as you can see, my total cholesterol and triglycerides dropped significantly in 6 months. I watch what I eat: no red meat except for an occasional small piece of grilled buffalo, no desserts, no fatty cheese. I do eat about 2-4 eggs/week, eat a lot of salmon, halibut, cod, shrimp, turkey burgers, chicken, walnuts, no-fat Greek yogurt, and olives. But that has been my diet for several years after realizing that being a vegetarian wasn't helping my cholesterol. And, I DON'T eat oatmeal,and I don't exercise (some walking)due to severe arthritis. My liver function studies are all normal, and I have not experienced any muscle aches or pains. I do take 600mg COQ10 twice a day and 200 mg Ubiquinol twice a day. Before starting on Cholestene, I read several research articles in journals about red yeast rice and brands of red yeast rice. Cholestene was rated highest, most efficacious, and safest brand sold. I will continue on this product instead of using statins, and I highly recommend Cholestene.

Terrific Product

Posted by Reviewer1981174 on Apr 25, 2009

I must admit that I was a little skeptical about this product, but it really works. I just received my bloodwork results and I was amazed at how fast my cholesterol levels improved. In approximately 8 weeks my overall cholesterol dropped from 238 to 176 and my triglycerides dropped from 315 to 134. I take 4 cholestene pills daily (two at lunch and two at dinner) with absolutely no side effects. I highly recommend this product.

Recommended by my cardiologist!

Posted by Reviewer3037881 on Jul 04, 2007

I have been using Cholestene for some time now. I take only half the recommended dose as that seems to do the trick. My cholesterol level came down within a couple of months after starting to take one capsule in the A.M. and one in the P.M. It wasn't terribly high but I have high blood pressure. This was a conservative approach and it worked! I highly recommend it, along with exercise, taking the skin off your chicken, no red meat, and a few other things, but I'd been doing all the rest before starting this and the Cholestene was what did the trick!

HPF Cholestene Review

Posted by Reviewer3228777 on Feb 07, 2012

I have been using Healthy Origins Cholestene for several years and it has lowered my overall cholesterol from the 230's to the 180's. It really works for me.

Cholestene

Posted by Reviewer1460974 on May 18, 2011

It works for my husband well,who can not take the regular statin drugs. But I can't take it as it gives me neuropathy just like the statin drugs do. If you have diabetes I would be careful taking this for that reason.

So happy with this!

Posted by 4989090203594496589 on May 10, 2014

I have never written a review before, but I just had to with this supplement. My last blood test showed that I had high cholesterol and my doctor was going to put me on medication. I talked him into allowing me two months to try and do it on my own. In that two months I worked on eating healthier and researched alternatives to the cholesterol medications. I came across this supplement and read the reviews, and it was also recommended. I tried it out for the two months, but only took one capsule in the morning and one in the evening since my numbers were not that high. It was amazing. I dropped my overall cholesterol by 66 and my bad cholesterol by 51. All within a two month time frame and am now well within the normal range for cholesterol. Not one problem taking it, and no side effects at all. This product is a true blessing and I am so glad to be able to have an alternative to prescription medication. Thank you!

:::No Response From MFG / Muscle Pain::::

Posted by 5185062371762240245 on Nov 15, 2014

I had some general questions about the product and emailed the manufacturer, Healthy Origins, but no response. In my experience this is reason enough to avoid the seller in the future. No customer service, no purchases. The supplement caused muscle pain within a week at HALF DOSE similar to what I experienced with STATINS. I stopped using it.

Made my stomach too gassy

Posted by Reviewer3018830 on Mar 12, 2011

I bought a bottle to lower my cholesterol. After a few days taking it, I got a very bad gassy upset stomach reaction. I stopped taking it immediately. I am surprised that my stomach was hurting bad because I read that Consumer Lab recommends this brand. I am sure it is a very good brand for many people but for me it just upset my stomach too much. I will just have to try another Red Yeast Rice.