• Due to Japanese Custom’s regulations, a maximum of one bottle per order can be imported.

• Reviews | English

Life changing

Posted by 5654243457928081588 on May 20, 2013

This product has been a miracle worker for my husband, he's moods were so bad but wouldn't admit to being depressed and refused to go to the doctor, we went from arguing everyday (almost to the point of breaking up) to him being the happy "normal" person that I first met, can't praise this product enough

i had side effects with this

Posted by Reviewer2991923 on Jul 04, 2009

it gave me headaches and stomache aches

nauseous...

Posted by Reviewer2502251 on Mar 11, 2010

It makes me really nauseous. Im taking 1 on an empty stomach as directed. I may be just super sensitive.

Natural 5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer2761994 on May 16, 2011

I have trouble sleeping & was in hopes that this would be a miracle cure; however, I didn't experience a remarkable change in my sleep by taking them & after reading some of the side effects I decided not to take them for any long term period of time.

Healthy Origins, Natural 5-THP

Posted by Reviewer1212405 on Mar 01, 2009

This is truly a wonderful product. It has helped me to stop taking a prescription drug that almost killed me. Withdrawing from Trazadone was so horrible, it made so depressed I seriously thought about suicide. I am only sleeping about 6 hours. However, I am into the Rem Sleep dreaming, and not waking up with a hangover from the drug. I am not tired when I wake up, and forced to take several prescription drugs to sleep. I am a serious BiPolar patient and would go manic for 24 to 48 hours with no sleep at all. I hope you can pass this along, so others, who have been forced to take drugs to sleep, will know that natural 5-THP is the only and optimum way to sleep without getting on the merry go round of prescription drugs and no way to get off till now. I have been on this ride for decades. Thank you iHerb for rescuing me. I was despairing before YOU. Anita M. Buffer a.buffer10@comcast,net

5HTP

Posted by 5600969557491018975 on Mar 06, 2014

I have a history of depression and anxiety, and have been well for years, however for the last 2 years my illness returned. This product was recommended by a friend who also suffers, and who like me, did not want to take presciption anti-depressants (I find them terrifying). Within one week on 5HTP, my mood had improved and I was noticebly happier. I did not, and have not yet noticed any side effects (unlike anti-depressants I have taken in the past). I am feeling more positive, and have made some good changes to my lifestyle (healthier eating and I have started regular exercise). I am no longer feeling overwhelmed by my job/workplace/home/life situation. I have been taking 5HTP for almost 3 months now, and I am very surprised by my recovery and how well I am feeling. I did a lot of research about this product before taking it, and I decided the potential side-effects or dangers to me from it, are far less harmful than most presciption drugs. I would recommend it to anyone, who (like me) may not have had a good experience with prescription anti-depressants.

terrible

Posted by Reviewer3345414 on Apr 28, 2011

I used the NOW brand but thought this one was a better bargain. It's cheaper, yes, and inferior. I'll be going back to NOW.

Excellent product

Posted by 5530645094843719476 on Oct 18, 2014

I've used 5-htp for 5 weeks now (200mg/day) and can definitely feel the benefits. My appetite has been reduced significantly, I need less sleep (before I slept 10+ hrs a day, now a normal 7-8 hrs) and my mood has improved. This is not a magic pill of course but people like me with mild to moderate depression may benefit. No significant side effects. I had some mild stomach upset for a couple of days but it subsided quickly. Please remember that you shouldn't use 5-htp together with SSRI or SNRI drugs or MAO-inhibitors.

SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER

Posted by Reviewer3270327 on Nov 13, 2008

THIS IS A GOOD PRODUCT, AT A GREAT PRICE-----HELPS RAISE SEROTONIN LEVELS.

Does the job

Posted by Reviewer2963761 on Feb 08, 2013

I take 5 HTP at night as part of my regime to kurb depression. It works well, just need to adjust the dose every so often.