Herbal - Vedic, Chandrika, Ayurvedic Soap Bar, 2.64 oz (75 g)

Great soap!

Posted by Reviewer1536703 on Mar 17, 2009

I have used this soap for over 20 years, its so clean smelling and nice on the skin.

Great soap

Posted by Reviewer2720611 on Mar 18, 2009

I've been using this stuff forever, and have even gotten my husband to use it - he gets very dry skin in the New England winters, and claims this stuff helped tremendously this year. Great price from iHerb and great fragrance too.

Best soap after trying several brands from iherb

Posted by Reviewer2221603 on Jun 12, 2010

Read the various reviews and tried several different soaps with 4-5 star ratings. I think this is the best one in terms of fragrance and skin softness.

Good Value Soap!

Posted by Read-Me-Now-Be-Happy on May 27, 2013

This soap is nice. We found it works very well for dry skin, sensitive skin, and cleans well too. The scent is a bit minty-herbal though hard to describe. There's not much information for this product though the ingredients seem natural. The soap is from India. It will grow on you. The price is great. We'll buy it again!

fabulous soap ****

Posted by 5588102188545391775 on Apr 21, 2013

This is a wonderful soap. My friend, who is Fijian Indian said that sandalwood was great to help clear pimples. I was skeptical until I saw how much her face cleared up when she started using it. I bought a bar for my partner, who was prone to the odd pimple. When I saw how much his face cleared up, I started using it as well. I don't really have a problem with acne, but I have noticed an improvement in my overall complexion since using this. It can be drying, so I usually apply a thin layer of grapeseed oil to my face before applying the lather from the soap. I then wash it off with a warm face cloth. Without the applying the oil layer first, it leaves the skin taught and dry. I finish off with "Desert Essence, Thoroughly Clean Oil Control Lotion, Oily & Combination Skin, 4 fl oz (120 ml)". It is a truly magical combination. I was reading that alot of people were concerned about the use of 'caustic soda' in it. Caustic soda is sodium hydroxide, also known simply as lye. This ingredient is used in pretty much all soaps, even in things like Dr Bronners castille soaps. You will be hard pressed to find a commercial soap made without lye! When made correctly, there should be no lye left within the soap after the saponification process. I personally do not like the scent, but the benefits far outweigh it! It took me about 2 months to get used to the fragrance, but it was so worth the adjustment. I think it takes a couple of weeks of use to reap the full benefits, so grab a bar and give it a go! For $1 you really can't go wrong.