Beautiful colour but changes the hair's texture

Posted by Aderyn on Jan 22, 2016

Bought this for my mum in her 60s. Her hair was almost 60% white and she has very sensitive scalp which is why she never colours it. She was willing to try this since it was a no Ammonia-Alcohol-Parabens, vegan and cruelty free product. So I'll break it down: The good: 1. Easy to apply, the gel texture makes it very easy to control - no drips and messes 2. There's none of that awful smell, in fact I think it smells quite mint-ish... 3. Really gives full coverage of the whites 4. Colour is very natural and doesn't fade into awful looking shades. 5. The conditioner is amazing! (Led me to buying 2 bottles of it) 6. Quite an economic application. The box says it's enough for 2 applications and it's true to it's words. It comes in bottles with measurement indicators on it so you pour out what you need and can keep the rest for your next use. 7. The price I got this for here was half what I found it to be sold for at the local stores The bad: 1. It changes the texture of the hair. It makes it so dry and stiff, it's like straw. The conditioner helps but even after a month it's the same. Just dry and quite lifeless. The verdict: Mum loved it at first, so much that we got another box for keeping but now she's decided she won't use it anymore because the aesthetics simply isn’t worth the texture the haircolour leaves her hair with.

Covers grey

Posted by 4641573909695035452 on Jun 09, 2015

I mix it with 5C ash colour, and it workes excellent! It covers grey and one bottle lasts for several colourings of regrowth.

good

Posted by 5050450041301635239 on Apr 10, 2015

good

Too Dark!

Posted by Reviewer3263034 on Apr 23, 2014

I read all the reviews before buying this product for the first time and I'm rally disappointed in the colour. My hairdresser said my hair is brown but this colour is dark brown/black as one reviewer already stated! It has covered my natural coppery highlights and I look like a witch! I'm now researching natural ways to strip hair colour! It's trial and error I guess. On positive note my greys are completely covered and my hair is very conditioned. Herbatint should call this Dark Brown and it would be helpful if iherb had a colour chart with these products!

Herbatint hair dye

Posted by Reviewer1418033 on Mar 14, 2014

I have psoriasis and this actually helps it. It also covers the grey and doesn't seem to have chemicals. When I get chemicals on my skin, I can taste them in my mouth ( I know weird) and it doesn't happen with this. the price is right and it makes my hair look like it's ( pre grey) natural colour.

Love it!!

Posted by 5198685970552149551 on Feb 17, 2014

I've been using this product for about 2 years now. It is great! Gives my hair gorgeous long-lasting color! I use it to hide my grays and it works wonderfully! My hair actually feels healthier after I dye it with this! I would recommend going with a darker shade if you're deciding between 2 shades.

Herbatint

Posted by Reviewer1555608 on Jan 10, 2014

This is a great product with 100 % coverage of grey hair, holds well. A lot less harsh chemicals than many other product and leaves hair lovely and shiney.

Ruined my hair

Posted by cuckoo on Nov 11, 2013

I bought this haircolor gel after reading all those positive reviews and hoping it will not damage my hair as it is naturally sourced. Well, the only positive thing I can say — it does cover grey hair for about 2 weeks (I have no more than 5% of grey hair), and the hue looks quite natural for these 2 weeks. But this is totally useless as it RUINED MY HAIR IMMEDIATELY! I followed instructions carefully and used the conditioner afterwards. But when I washed it down I couldn't comb my hair, it turned into some hideous wig! And I have very short hair, 2-3 inches length. Can't imagine what could happen to a longer hair! This is first time this kind of thing happens to my hair, it never happened when I used over-the-counter dye or had my hair dyed at salon. So I had to use expensive hair restoring masks to improve the situation, and only now, after 2 months, I finally recovered my hair. Will never use it again.

比较干燥

Posted by organic-skin-care on Oct 05, 2013

看skin deep的评分,大约有6分,就是不太安全了。但也有查到欧洲的资料,说它很安全的(也许是它的广告资料吧)。因为安全的染发剂,去到我头上大都不上色,所以我就买了这种。觉得它容易用,颜色也不怎么掉。比起市面上买到的染发水,使用这种,我就不会有头皮发痒的问题,而市面上买到的,很多都会使得头皮越来越容易痒。但这种用后,头发很干燥、很打结,要很认真的局油才行。

almost black

Posted by 4982950271112019920 on Sep 01, 2013

Its definitely not brown more like black and after a couple of weeks its dark brown. I have used Herbatint for over a year and their haircolours are great but don't use the 2n if you don't want black/darkbrown. I had dyed my hair red before so it might have had something to do with that also

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »