Good Dye - All natural, but pick a lighter color

Posted by 4652186627909997940 on Dec 07, 2012

The color was easy to use and had little odor. You may want to purchase a hair color bottle to apply the dye with because it does not come with anything. If you are dying your whole head and you have a lot of hair, you may have to use two kits. I have thick long hair, so one would not saturate all my hair. Luckily, I purchased two kits so I mixed them both up. The color is not Chestnut though, it is black. I would really recommend going one to two shades lighter. Next time I am mixing 5N and 6N and I normally have very dark brown hair.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer2952443 on Jun 26, 2008

I've been using this brand for about a year now. I love that it doesn't have a lot of the chemicals that most hair dyes have. It's very gentle & doesn't even have any sort of harsh smell, yet it provides great natural-looking color. It always leaves my hair looking even shinier and softer than before I used it.

EXCELLENT FOR SENSITIVE SCALP!

Posted by Reviewer1616507 on Nov 15, 2008

This is by far THE BEST natural haircolor I have tried...and I have tried at least 1/2 a dozen. It colors the grey completely, stays shiney throughout the 4 weeks and thickens my hair. I love it!

best natural hair color

Posted by Reviewer1227996 on Jul 02, 2008

I've tried others, but feel this brand is most protective to my hair. The color is very good (dark and true), covers gray, and most importantly doesn't make my hair fall out like the other brands. The only thing I don't like is their conditioner--seems a little gummy to me, but I may try it again in different weather conditions. Also be aware that the number/letter system for hair color varies among brands, so a 3N in one isn't the same in another line. Check the color charts.

Natural color

Posted by Reviewer3197558 on Feb 17, 2010

I'm a real stickler when it comes to hair looking artificially colored—it really bothers me, that is, when it's supposed to look natural. Herbatint is the most natural looking color out there. The application isn't the most convenient (you have to put it in a bowl and smear it on your head)—there's no applicator. But, considering the end results, it's so worth it.

Gentle on my hair

Posted by Reviewer2773484 on Nov 02, 2008

I colored my hair with this product three times, and I am impressed with the result. It doesn't burn my sculp or dry up my hair. I have been coloring my gray hair for almost 15 years. All other products I had used kept my hair smooth and shiny only for the first several days while the effect of the attached conditioners had continued. And soon after that, my hair started getting visibly dry and my sculp constantly itchy. Highly commendable product.

This is a fantastic product!

Posted by Reviewer3327002 on Aug 23, 2008

With all the news of scary commercial hair dyes... This is an ammonia free product that really does give good gray coverage and lasts a long time!

Great hair color

Posted by Reviewer1403701 on Mar 29, 2007

This is really easy to use, has no ammonia, covers gray well and doesn't damage over time. I have long hair, but only touch up my roots each time, so each box is good for two applications.

Great line.

Posted by Reviewer1756092 on Nov 24, 2008

I have used herbatint color for a while, I have some gray and I use it often and it doesn't fry my hair. It is a much safer alternative to other hair dye. The dye smells much more pleasant that other dyes.

love it

Posted by Reviewer1758226 on Jul 14, 2009

I have used Herbatint color for many years and absolutely love it. It covers the gray, leaves my hair shiny and rich and does not smell like all the other commercial dyes.