Wonderful Product!

Posted by cherokeegirldonna on Oct 04, 2010

This product certainly does it's job for what I need. I suffer with severe intestinal pain due to fibromyalgia. It feels like little teeth biting all along my lower intestines. The pain is nonstop and lasts for up to 7 days, taking a break for only a day or two. I was recommended to boil ginger root and drink. It worked! My problem was, I don't always want the taste of the ginger everyday -- which is what it took to keep the pain away. So, I ordered Jarrow Formulas' ginger and I get the relief I need. That pain no longer plagues me. The price is excellent. I highly recommend this product.

Freeze-Dried Ginger 500mg

Posted by Reviewer3274165 on Dec 30, 2009

This product has helped the soreness in all my joints especially the lower back, the hip and knees. I have been diagonised with osteopenic disorder knees

I'm Satisfied

Posted by HawaiianViking on Nov 08, 2012

I had been long looking for a good Ginger supplement with little luck when I found Jarrow Formulas, Ginger, 4:1 Concentrate. The product smells fresh and the price is great, though I'd like to know more about where and how the Ginger is grown and processed. Ginger eases headaches, body aches, joint pain and is especially good for gastrointestinal pain with nausea. I find Ginger to be (along with Clove) one of the most "heating" herbs — you might find that your whole body feels unusually warm while taking this product, which can be a good thing.

Arthritis

Posted by 4676747799157596364 on Nov 04, 2012

This procuct worked almost immediately for me and the pain ceased within 2 days. I combined this with evening primrose oil and tumeric. My doctor suggested this and I can totally recommend it.

be careful of heartburn and the heat

Posted by Reviewer3060193 on Feb 19, 2011

It causes heartburn when I take it with an empty tummy. No problem with food. I am saving it for winter when I usually have cold feet and hands but we are in Summer now so can't really tell the difference. I took 2 once and got a sore throat the next day. Ginger has strong heating power so really need to be careful with your dosage at the beginning. I assume the powder is from the whole ginger (meat and skin) as it doesn't tell you anywhere on the product. I know ginger meat has heating power while its skin cools your down so better to consume the whole ginger so you don't get too much heat in your body.

Wow!

Posted by Reviewer2787303 on Feb 10, 2012

I gave one of these ginger capsules plus one valerian pill to my brother for a headache, he said it stopped the headache in a few minutes. Remember folks the FDA is working now to take away our supplements.

Mr. Ralph Yoas - consumer

Posted by Reviewer1208203 on May 18, 2008

This product is great. In the past I have had periodic dizzy spells. I have not had any since using this product (2 years).

Bev

Posted by Reviewer3107617 on Nov 30, 2008

I love Jarrow products this is the first time with the ginger.  It is great I find if I take tumeric and ginger together it helps the arthritis I have.

alloriginaleverythingworks

Posted by alloriginal on May 22, 2013

as other reviewers have noted, Ginger has many medicinal and healing properties. My family has used it for decades. It can't be beat for an upset tummy! It can also be used to combat motion sickness prior to getting in a car, or taking a boat ride. It works remarkably well. It is also non-toxic and inexpensive. Jarrow Ginger is concentrated and standardized, so you're always assured of receiving an effective dose. This is not a bad supplement to take regularly. At the very least, every household should have a bottle for emergencies the way they keep bandaids in the medicine cabinet! Thank goodness for Iherb! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

weird taste and odor if you open the capsule

Posted by teacupLA on Oct 20, 2014

I used to like it until I started using a half teaspoon or more of organic ground ginger root like the kind from Frontier herbs. I opened up a capsule the other day and mixed it with hot water to drink as tea as I ran out of Ginger Root tea and the stink from the ingredients in the capsule was too yucky for me to ever use this again. We use the real root and boil it or else a Ginger Root Tea (no other additives) or as I noted above a good organic ground ginger root. Too many of these companies use too many additives in their products and we are trying to cut down on that stuff.