Jarrow Formulas, IP6, Inositol Hexaphosphate, 500 mg, 120 Capsules

Ferritin Levels

Posted by Reviewer1056835 From Canada on Feb 16, 2013

In Dec 2012 I was diagnosed with Hemochromatosis.In Nov 2012 my ferritin levels were 2553 micrograms per litre.I started this product using 2 caps at a time with Jarrow inositol at about a 4 to 1 ratio,IP6 to Inositol and a week later got the IP6 Gold and took one dose of it as well but at a different time of day so I was doing 2 doses per day.In Feb of 2013 my ferritin was 1281...still high so my Dr wanted me to begin phlebotomy treatments (blood letting) so I will continue to monitor.The fact that the ferritin levels dropped by half before any other treatments is encouraging so I will keep it up in the hopes of reducing or even eliminating phlebotomy treatments.

One of my favorite supplements

Posted by ZlatinVal From Bulgaria on Aug 17, 2012

Jarrow IP6 is one of the purest on iherb because the company works with leading Japan manufacturer of Inositol Hexaphosphate. Concerning the benefits.. They are numerous and everyone can read about them in IP6 research book "Too good to be true" from Dr. Kim Vanderlinden and Dr. Ivana Vucenik.

Number 1 anti-cancer supplement

Posted by Reviewer1981810 From Arizona on Nov 18, 2008

Just make sure you take with only distilled or reverse osmosis water. At least 3 hours away from any food or other supplement. Just water within 3 hours of taking. Easiest when first waking up in the morning then just waiting 3 hours to eat.

Chelates Iron and Lowers Inflammatory Cytokines-TNF-a

Posted by Reviewer1240601 From California on Apr 04, 2012

I took this to try to chelate excess iron in my liver and was surprised to find it cleared up my palmar erythema almost overnight. In googling around to find out what happened, I found a study that said low dose IP6 (500-1000mg/day) lowers inflammatory TNF-a cytokines from liver disease and leaky gut. I'm overjoyed and thank God I found IP6 every day. Always take IP6 on an EMPTY STOMACH, with a full glass of water.

Lots of phosphorus from the Inositol Hexaphosphate caused problems with my liver

Posted by danarm From Romania on Jun 29, 2012

I have taken this. Not in large doses, or anything. I have taken it for a short time. In the beginning I felt GREAT. And then, I felt worse and worse. I stoped taking it and went to the doctor. She ordered some blood tests. The liver tests were abnormal, and my blood showed an abnormal high level of phosphorus. She told me the IP6 probably damaged my liver by phosphorus intoxication. I'm now taking further tests and trying to contain the damage.