• Jarrow Formulas uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Better than I expected

Posted by Reviewer3186500 on Mar 19, 2016

For me, ir more potent than I thought it could be. one pill, and go to sleep. It helps on headaches.

Doesn't work!

Posted by 5311742311727924689 on Jun 04, 2015

Doesn't make you sleep better, waste of money!

Really worked for me

Posted by Reviewer2235337 on Apr 12, 2015

Yes this did make me sleepy, also dizzy, so I need to make sure I am in bed for the night and try not to even have a bathroom break..

Really helps with sleep

Posted by Reviewer1511885 on Dec 12, 2014

really helps you sleep! It does cause you to have really weird and vivid dreams but it's so worth it for the deeper sleep you'll get.

The sleeper

Posted by 5452316239914227539 on May 12, 2014

Gives a great nights sleep without feeling drowsy in the morning

safe & effective

Posted by alloriginal on Feb 19, 2014

By increasing seratonin levels in the brain, L-Tryptophan is a safe and effective aid for sleeping and mild depression. It is best used at bedtime on an empty stomach, preferably with a small serving of carbohydrates (I take a sip of orange juice). Start with one per night and work up to three if necessary. Click my user name (alloriginal) to access dozens of helpful reviews!

Good

Posted by 4612043189510715944 on Dec 02, 2013

good

even better sleep, improved mood

Posted by may291 on Apr 27, 2012

Was suggested to me by my health care practitioner. I took one at bedtime each night. Even though I don't have a problem sleeping, sleep felt even a little more restful, and good for mood - depression and anxiety. I used this and Source Naturals brand, both were good.

I love these

Posted by seancollins on Feb 24, 2012

They help me fall asleep. The raised levels of serotonin help reduce all sorts of my typical negative behaviors. I don't constantly crave snacks, my mood is generally positive, I don't have mood swings. I handle stress much better, but that might be because I take them in conjunction with the B-Right. But the snack cravings are a really great plus to having a good balance of serotonin.

One of the Best Tryptophan products on the Market!!

Posted by Reviewer2038082 on Feb 02, 2012

I have used Tryptophan for years and Jarrow is one of the best brands I have used! Ajinomoto is the company to look for! I tried a less expensive brand with another type of Tryptophan and was not nearly as happy with it as I am with this product. Just so people know Tryptophan is a pre-curser to Melatonin. If you take B-6 with Tryptophan and some juice or sugar it will convert to seratonin and finally to melatonin. Tryptophan is used for sleep aid, depression, and pain relief. As odd as it may sound Tryptophan does help reduce pain, can help lower the incidence of Migraines as well. The dose depends on the person. For me, 3 work great. I have tried Melatonin with Tryptophan and it makes me too drowsy the next day. This is a wonderful product delivered the next day!! Thanks iherb!!