• Formerly known as Silymarin 80%.

• Reviews | English

Gentle and Works

Posted by QuibbleMoth on Jan 29, 2008

My liver panel is normal after years of periodic alcohol abuse. Before I started taking this product about six years ago, my liver panel was always abnormal. This formula doesn't upset the stomach like other milk thistle products but 2 or 3 caps at once will sometimes make me jittery. Still trying to quit drinking but plan to continue taking Silymarin.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2478253 on Aug 19, 2008

I have been using this product for sometime now. I always order it from iHerb. You can't beat it, it is a trustworthy product in my opinion.

for liver regeneration

Posted by Reviewer3236624 on Jan 24, 2009

I have been on a treatment program to heal from Lymes disease. My doctor said to take Milk Thhistle at all times. I bought a bottle, used it, and then ran out. After about half a week of not taking the Milk thistle, my liver was actually hurting and I was waking in the night with the pain. I got some more, have been taking it and the pain has gone away. This stuff is good for the liver! This is also a good price for the product.

The only thing that worked!

Posted by Reviewer3332721 on Jan 18, 2010

Recovering from non-viral hepatitis, this was the only thing I could take for my liver, that my sick body could utilize! It didn't upset my stomach, and slowly but surely, day by day, my liver finally started to grow stronger, and that awful yellow skin color faded away.

Will buy again!

Posted by 4791785630043277300 on Jun 11, 2012

Have used Milk thistle once before, and was very pleased. It started with my skin breaking out, face looked awful and then my back and breast started to break out as well. My landlord told me to try milk thistle, because she thought my liver needed some support, so I ran out and bought it. And it worked wonders! And now I've tried this one, and will defitanely continue to use it regularly. Skin looks better (I do have a problem with acne prone skin), and my hold body feels...better!

effective and easy to take for a good price

Posted by annegoggans on Aug 18, 2012

This product was effective in correcting my liver numbers, the pill is a small size, and the price is good. What more could I ask. I just take one nightly.

Excellent result

Posted by Reviewer1999801 on Feb 23, 2013

Very painful liver from beta blockers (carvedilol). Pain 80% reduced after 2 days and gone after 6 days using 2 to 3 capsules a day. Put my blood pressure up after 6 days though. Stoped taking the carvedilol and started taking a lower effective does of metoprolol. I had a painfull liver event again some months later that Milk Thistle extract aso fixed.

It really works! for Liver and Kidney!

Posted by Reviewer1198976 on Feb 15, 2012

I am a diabetic and have been on statins for several years. After a number of years, the toll on my liver and kidneys was getting bad. I had elevated liver enzymes as well as protein spilling out of my kidneys. After reading oosts here, and researching published research on milk thistle, I decided to take it for both my liver as well as less substantiated reports that it is nephroprotective (good for kidneys). Well, after a few weeks, my liver enzymes are now perfectly normal. The biggest news, is that my urine test for protein fell from 315 to 22 after several months of taking milk thistle!!!! I am now just a couple of points above the normal level! All this, after taking milk thistle twice a day for about 8 months. I attribute my improvement to the milk thistle. It is fairly inexpensive, and worth a try. This is one supplement I am on for life. I expect to have normal urine protein levels in a few more months.

I think this works very well

Posted by Reviewer1824368 on Jan 25, 2013

I am on my third bottle of this and I think it is working very well. I think it is quality and a great product for your liver. I feel the difference!

Potent product but not for men due to its estrogenic effects!

Posted by psoriasis on Aug 26, 2016

Milk Thistle contains the phytoestrogens so I would not recommend it to men. Surely not long term or in high dosages. It may and eventually will cause gynecomastia due to its estrogenic effects. Milk Thistle in folk medicine is know as the herb which supports the lactation in women and now you know why. Artichoke is way better as liver tonic (antioxidant) and artichoke also supports the bile flow a lot.