Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Jarrow Formulas, Organic, Coconut Oil, 16 oz (454 g)

fantastic product!

Posted by Reviewer123456 on Jun 22, 2011

This coconut oil is amazing to cook with. It is completely free of the flavor of coconut for those of you who don't want a coconut taste to your food.

Good for health

Posted by 5467384523726906899 on Jun 18, 2012

No smell for those not used to coconut oil and also good for the health too.Great to fry with.

Good quality, BEWARE metallic label - don't microwave in the plastic container

Posted by Reviewer2994189 on Aug 20, 2012

If stored at room temperature, it is soft enough to spoon it out as needed to measure. I have been making muffins with it and it works very well for that (and/or a bit too oily still when using 1/2 cup per 12 muffins, so will try next only 1/3 cup). However, then I refrigerated it, and when I went to get some it was then rock hard, so I put it in the microwave; and the label has some metal in it for the metallic look, so it melted the plastic container where the label was (not melted through, but warped). So I had to upend the container in a bowl and microwave some more to get all the oil out, and when all melted, transfer to another jar for storage. But even after all that, and storing this stuff at warm room temperature for who knows how long (I don't remember when I bought it), there is NO rancidity, no overt coconut flavor, and it's good. But I wish it came in a glass container with no metallic label, so it could be microwaved as needed and not worry about melting container or possible contaminants from the plastic getting into the oil.

Mold....so disappointed in this product

Posted by Reviewer2372857 on Sep 05, 2012

I've been using coconut oil in all my cooking for some time. I normally buy it at the local health store but I recently moved abroad so now rely on iherb for these things. Shipping was very fast I must say, but this product was a huge disappointment. When I opened the seal I could see hundreds of small white/yellow spores at the bottom of the tub. These are not bit of coconut, they were spherical shaped and did not liquify like the rest of the oil. I will have to throw the whole tub out as I do not want to ingest toxins and mold. I will be ordering Nutiva coconut oil from now on.

this smelt wrong

Posted by bbchris on Oct 29, 2011

it tasted off too, will never buy again :(