July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Jarrow Formulas, Organic, Coconut Oil, 16 oz (454 g)

Taste is Mild

Posted by Reviewer1342706 on Dec 06, 2009

I like this because it is expeller pressed and mild tasting, versus extra-virgin. I used it for cooking and also give my dog coconut oil 15-minute massages prior to bathing for her seriously dry skin condition (veterinary recommended). I give Jarrow a thumbs-up.

Nice "price/performance"

Posted by Reviewer2994031 on Nov 01, 2009

It's too early to tell what benefit I'll receive healthwise from this product as I have just received it, but tastewise it's pretty good. There is still a slight residual coconut taste, I'd actually like a little more, but that's just my preference, and for $4.50, I'm not going to complain. Very well packaged and sealed product, which is a two thumbs up to Jarrows.

Good cooking oil, no coconut smell

Posted by Reviewer1588071 on Sep 23, 2009

I have smelled other coconut oils that really smell like coconut (which I personally like), but my boyfriend doesn't so he likes this one better. It's a good oil, I didn't give it 5 stars because of the lack of coconut goodness.

Jarrow Coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer2984676 on Feb 16, 2009

I was pleased with how quickly this was delivered, and was pleased with the price. It truly doesn't taste anything like coconut (unlike any other coconut oil I've ever purchased) which I take with mixed feelings. I actually kinda like the coconutty taste of some oils, although this one is much more appropriate when you don't want that taste filling your food.

VERY neutral taste

Posted by myfurryfriends on Jun 11, 2012

I was actually a little disappointed that this does not really have any coconut flavor. Probably a GOOD thing if you don't like coconut. The last jar I bought (different brand) had a nice mild coconut taste, pleasant enough that I would eat a tbsp of it plain ... and enjoy it (like a spoonful of ice cream)! This brand doesn't taste good enough to do that. I'll go back to the other brand when this is gone.