Jarrow Formulas, Theanine 200, 200 mg, 60 Capsules

Reviews 4-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Great for cognitive functions, less for anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1976825 From Ohio on Nov 30, 2008

I bought theanine thinking it would help calm me down and relieve my anxiety, but that effect only lasted for a day or two. Another thing that I was surprised to discover was its effect on cognitive abilities: being a student, I coud focus three times as long, and think way more clearly. Now I take it before challenging and time-consuming tasks and know I won't get tired, but I do have to find something else for anxiety, though. All in all, a good product, but probably does not match the needs of every single individual. The price was great, and the shipment was superfast - iHerb is now my favorite.

Seems to reduce anxiety..

Posted by Reviewer2080411 From Finland on Dec 31, 2009

I've been having these for a while now. Wouldn't say that relaxing effect is remarkable, but seems to reduce anxiety noticeably. For a product without side effects, I'd rate at least adequate result and I'm very happy with that.

Anti-Stress Aid

Posted by Reviewer1759125 From California on May 08, 2009

I have found theanine helpful and take it as an adjunct to my first-line anti-stress supplements which are inositol, kava, and valerian.

Effective

Posted by Reviewer2597271 From Florida on Sep 20, 2009

For non-drowsiness anti-anxiety it is effective although multiple capsules may be sometimes needed. Recommended (also doctor recommended). Combined with valerian extract (not just root) which is excellent in giving quick sleep, it extends a longer and deeper sleep.

Helps Me Focus

Posted by 4756545918426610127 on Jun 13, 2012

I take this with Jarrow's Neuro-Optimizer. Helps me focus without feeling jittery.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »