Simple!

Posted by Reviewer3099724 on Aug 25, 2008

This is the purest of soaps. If you want an olive oil soap, look no further. This is pure, and even made in Greece, the homeland of olives. It is also very economical.

Good but different

Posted by Reviewer3267268 on Jan 07, 2009

I bought this because it was recommended my Dr. Oz in his book You Being Beautiful where natural product alternatives are discussed. The bar is very large and seems like it will be long lasting. It doesn't make mountains of lather which I imagine is good because it doesn't have extra chemicals to create that experience. Also it's non-drying and leaves a moisturizing coating of natural oil.

Gentle but awful smelling

Posted by Reviewer2998116 on Apr 18, 2008

I bought this soap for my 7 year old who has eczema. It is very gentle- no skin irritation. The scent is awful though - very heavy cheap olive oil smell. But the smell fades after a while. Its an economical choice if you require a soap for very sensitive skin.

Size does matter

Posted by Reviewer2099360 on Jul 05, 2012

First of all, do yourself a favor and chop it in half, that'll give you a more manageable bar of soap instead of one that fits perfectly in the hand of the hulk. Number two: the smell; I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that most people won't be too excited about it, don't worry about it though, the smell won't follow you around. Having said that the product itself is long lasting, is effective without drying out your skin, and contains no toxic ingredients. I even tried it on my hair and was amazed that is actually works really well.

From Finland

Posted by Reviewer2894965 on Sep 25, 2011

I didn´t like this at all. The smell was bad and this feeled drying my skin.

Quanity Does Not Equate to Quality

Posted by 5337209066560447110 on Mar 04, 2014

I read the reviews and decided to give this soap a try. I used it as a bath soap and not a facial soap. 1st) I found it not to lather up very well. I thought, that maybe that was due to it being pure oilve oil, and so wouldn't have a high lather. 2nd) I did not feel or notice any moisturizing results at all. 3rd) I ended up with a rash and dry itchy skin that I can attribute only to using this soap. I had no relief until I went back to using my previous soap (Nubian Hertiage), that I have used for years. I could tell the difference instantly after going back to Nubian Hertiage. I have used many of the different types of Nubian Hertiage soaps and have always had good results from them. They lather more than ANY soap I've ever used and smell wonderful (although, some may be a little too perfumy for some people). I will NEVER use this soap again as a bath soap (and wouldn't consider using it as a facial soap). I seriously doubt that I will ever try any other product from this line. The bar of soap is enormous, but as I stated in my title line: quanity does not equate to quality. After using it (for far too long) I still have left what would be considered the size of a regular bar of soap from any other soap line. I hate waste, so I will sat it out as a hand-soap (the only thing I can see using it as, then apply hand lotion immediately afterwards), but not sure how well that will even work since it doesn't lather very well.

kiss my face

Posted by Reviewer1145017 on Nov 14, 2007

the price is great 75% cheaper than at my local health food store

Makes skin dry

Posted by Reviewer1659072 on May 05, 2011

I don't like the feeling after shower. Skin is pretty dry. Otherwise it feels very clean after shower. But i don't suggest it.

Shampoo.

Posted by HildeK on Jun 18, 2012

Cheap and ok as shampoo actually. Just run a quick vinegar rinse afterwards.

Nice, but too big! - **SEE UPDATE**

Posted by Reviewer1081030 on Sep 08, 2008

I like how this soap feels and it lathers great, but I can barely fit it in my hands! Should be half the size and half the price - then I would stock up! **UPDATE** Had to throw this soap out, half used! Made a gross mess in the shower. Dissolves in long mucous like green strings. Yuck - would not recommend!!