10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

Life Extension, Super BIO-Curcumin, 400 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Potent anti-inflammatory

Posted by dav605 on Feb 06, 2010

Curcumin is a more potent anti-inflammatory that ibuprofen but is destroyed by digestive acids, rendering most turmeric extracts are ineffective. The increased bioavailability of this formulation make it an ideal choice for people with arthritis, IBS, or other inflammatory diseases. The efficacy of this product justifies the expense. I don't take it daily because over-suppression of normal inflammation prevents proper healing of ligaments and tendons.

"Greater Absorption" seems to be true

Posted by Reviewer2790014 on Aug 14, 2008

I was taking two large capsules of another brand of curcumin for my arthritis pain, and it was helping but not enough. Within a few days of taking the Life Extension Bio-curcumin (just one, smaller, capsule per day), my arthritis pain is almost completely gone.

AMAZING!!!

Posted by Reviewer2815181 on Aug 09, 2010

This has got to be the best stuff ever. I suffer from cronic tendonitis pain and my husband has arthritis in his shoulders. We both take one a day and have no pain at all. (We started with two a day) Plus the other benefits and no side effects. I was living with the pain rather than take a chemical pain reliver. I'm telling everyone I know about this stuff!!! Its worth every penny.

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1143909 on Apr 18, 2011

I have a case of tennis elbow that absolutely will not go away on its own. I've tried numerous NSAIDs, cortisone shots, and physical therapy; but, despite all of these treatments, for the past several years my elbow has continued to flare up with incredible stubbornness. I eventually discovered that turmeric works better than anything else I've ever tried. I've been using a 500 mg, 95% curcuminoid-standardized extract twice a day for the past couple of years, and it's worked well, but my elbow would invariably be at least slightly inflamed in the morning, or even by the late evening. The occurrence of this seems be mostly affected by diet, as I've found that high-GI foods cause it to flare up. When I started taking BIO-curcumin, I didn't think it was any better than what I'd been taking, as my elbow would still become inflamed. However, after a few weeks on it, I've found that my elbow is never inflamed - EVER. I specify my elbow because it demands so much attention, but it's a sign of what's going on inside my body, and if it's not inflamed, then I know that the rest of my body is not inflamed. Nothing compares to this stuff.

Very potent - be careful!

Posted by Reviewer2331663 on Aug 12, 2009

Much more bioavailable than conventional formulation, so much so that it can chelate iron from the body which is what seemed to happen with me. Only take one a day, monitor hemoglobin levels and if necessary supplement with iron.