Change in the formula? No more marine phytoplankton?

Posted by Reviewer2019435 on Mar 04, 2014

I have been using this for the last 9 months and was happy with it, mainly because it included nannochloropsis gaditana (marine phytopklankton) which is an expensive superfood. In my last order, I happened to re-read the ingredient list and shockingly, it is no longer included in the formula!! I hope I am wrong about this, but the label has changed and no longer includes this important ingredient! I would very much like to know why?! And if this is true, I am no longer going to buy this product. Plus - I have a sense this is one way a manufacturer tries to increase profits while keeping prices seemingly the same... I hope I am wrong. Oh well...

Love Your Liver -- Live As Lover

Posted by The3Treasures on Apr 12, 2013

In Chinese medicine, green foods are said to be beneficial to your liver by nourishing and harmonizing the liver. In western medicine, green foods are said to detoxify the liver so that the liver can serve its function as the strong fat burner for the body. The chlorophyll found in green foods has extracted energy from the sun and we eat these greens to energize ourselves and to preserve the longevity of our own cells. The green plants have done all the work for us, and Madre Labs has brought us some of the most prestigious plants in the kingdom that specialize in ways to restore us -- cleanse our fatty livers, lose some weight, gain some energy, detoxify our bodies. Thank You IHerbs, Thank You Madre Labs. I found Midori Greens on IHerbs and I am never without this product. I have so many stories from my friends and clients about this product. One friend and I talk about Midori Greens at least once a week. She recently hoarded this product when it was sold at $14.95 on a short-date sale. She bought 5 containers and found that she received non-short dated containers. She's so caught up in the benefits that she's received. Here are some of the benefits: Her eye inflammation has healed (she was under a doctors care and had to get injections around her eyes that made her look quite scary; she's refused the injections, but has not told her doctor why -- her secret is Midori greens). Her uterine fibroid has shrunken significantly, and her gallbladder issues have all but disappeared. No other lifestyle practice had been added or changed in her life, but she's been able to see these significant changes in herself and so has everyone else. All of her improvements make sense according to what I've learned studying Chinese medicine. I am a slimmer, more agile person and I believe it was adding the Midori greens to my diet and other lifestyle practices that has made the difference.

Not what I expected unfortunately

Posted by 5402691167501439486 on Oct 11, 2013

Since recovering from a near stroke 2 years ago, dropping blood pressure to normal, losing 19kg and looking super fit with no fat on me (and I rarely even exercise these days), I am in the habbit of not eating processeed foods and eat mostly super foods (the world most popular top 10) and greens when I can as I dont like many vegetables at all. I have taken a few different super green formulas over the last 2 years and I was extremely disappointed to find that this formula was not only REALLY weak tasting when mixed in the same quantity of water as per my other greens, but saw absolutely no difference except my stomach bacteria condition going backwards slightly. I definately say that using on rotation Ormus supergreens (the best by far) and Paradise Herbs Orac energy greens are by far superior to this formula in my opinion. It is of course each to their own.

Buyer beware! The formula has changed!

Posted by Reviewer1377232 on Dec 11, 2013

I love this stuff - it is top quality, but - at least the jars that were sold as December special do not contain marine phytoplankton anymore (and it was not- and still is not - stated on the webpage). I hate it when companies change the formula without giving proper notice of it(even advertising it as "new improved" -even if "improved" is not always improved - is better than that!) By the way, they did the same with Eureka berries where they removed mangosteen (but at least in that case they updated also the info on iherb page (but not on madrelabs page, though).

Feel energised after taking this!

Posted by Reviewer1438643 on Jul 01, 2012

I bought this because of the good reviews and Midori Greens certainly delivers. I take a scoop every morning mixed with a little fruit juice and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil and it gives me energy for the whole day. Sometimes when I feel tired or on the verge of getting a cold I take a scoop on its own mixed with half a glass of water and I feel better almost immediately. The taste is not bad taken on its own. Taste better than wheat grass which I was taking peviously. Now I switch to Midori Greens because it gives me better energy and is also a Super food.

Love this stuff

Posted by 5160573259416528970 on Dec 29, 2014

On top of being a great source of greens, I have noticed another great side effect of taking this product. After I eat dinner if I am craving something sweet, I drink a scoop of this with water and the cravings vanish! I have a horrible sweet tooth, so this is a great thing for me.

Great way for introducing top-notch Greens into your diet!

Posted by GreenWarrior on Oct 17, 2013

Great overall product for adding a wide spectrum of high quality greens into your diet. Potent rejuvenating cleanser with great quality materials and nutritional profile and an easy to get used to taste. I ranked it the highest among all similar products and cannot recommend it enough. Feel free to click on my user name for more reviews! Health and Peace!

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2575855 on Sep 06, 2009

I take this with my Immune Punch every morning and I feel like my body is getting the best nutrition possible. I'm not a huge pill popper, so to be able to mix a couple of spoonfuls of this in my juice every morning is very convenient and really suits my lifestyle. The combination of mixing all the powders creates a super nutrient like drink. Like I said in my other review, if I forget to take any of my other vitamins, I feel good knowing that I covered my bases with this drink.

It is the quality

Posted by Reviewer2778741 on Feb 20, 2011

Keeps me regular. Has no fillers.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1020146 on Jul 05, 2009

After taking this Midori for more than three weeks, I have any acne all gone. I think it is the effect of a combination of more vegetable intake and with this Midori. In will continue with this for few more months to see the long term effect. GOOD!