I didn't like it

Posted by 5286822787922509984 on Mar 07, 2016

I didn't like the taste at all 😂 this is my first and last time to order it.

Cheaper on iHerb vs Singapore

Posted by YoungerNextYear on Mar 02, 2016

Cheaper on iHerb vs Singapore and it has a long shelf life. If you find my review helpful, please click "YES"

Not for me

Posted by HonestReviewsHere on Feb 21, 2016

I purchased one of these in hopes of saving money but this bread just isn't for me. I did expect a different flavor but still couldn't get past it. I'm positive this would taste good to those who are accustomed to German breads and I'll stick to regular sourdough for now :)

Yum!

Posted by 4714021972443271409 on Sep 04, 2015

After living for years in a country without real, dark bread readily available (or affordable), this bread is a real treat. It has an incredible shelf life, so no worries about shipping time. The slices are thin but dense and while they may be a little fragile, they are very filling and stiffen up well when toasted (and taste even better toasted, mm...) The only downside is that once you open the package, you need to put them in the fridge and finish the package within 4 to 5 days. But if you're anything like me, that won't be an issue :)

So grainy with a nice flavor to it

Posted by 4926039509927949146 on Aug 13, 2015

I live in South Korea and cannot find decent bread easily. I was excited to learn that Iherb had good quality bread and read the reviews on this. This particular shipment was held up in customs for over a week and I was really annoyed and worried that I would get moldy bread delivered to me. When I received my package, to my pleasant surprise, I saw that the Mestemacher had an expiration date for May of 2016! I was glad that my bread wasn't moldy but then worried that the bread would contain all sorts of preservatives. The label states that there are no preservatives. I am not sure how it manages to stay good for so long, and it tastes nice as well. To keep it fresh, I put it into a vacuum seal bag in the fridge. Tip* You should toast the bread as it sometimes breaks in half when you try and take it out. Use a knife, like you would when using a letter opener to an envelope, to take a slice out. Also, one slice is pretty hardy for one person. The first day, I shared 3 slices of bread ( I bought 3 different kinds) with my husband, and we got so full. It was a bit much. I think the Pumpernickel tastes nicer than the Whole Rye Bread. I also bought the Bavarian Gluten Free, which is also nice and lighter than the other two.

Wheat Free

Posted by Reviewer1683535 on May 19, 2015

Mestemacher라고 다 wheat free가 아님. wheat free라고 안 써 있으면 들어가 있는 것임. 물론 대부분 wheat free이긴 한데 아닌 것도 있었음. 그냥 잘 보시라고. 난 위트를 피하진 않지만 혹시 wheat를 피하느라고 굳이 rye 빵을 구하는 사람이라면 성분을 잘 봐야 함. 이것은 wheat free임.

Healthy bread option

Posted by donnmouj on May 09, 2015

It is really hard to get whole grain bread here in Korea, most supermarkets sell only white bread and I have not seen whole grain bread anywhere on the shelve yet. Iherb saved me from only eating those white bread here. It definitely has a strong flavour but I am getting a hang of it. I bought a few and put them in the fridge and my bet is that they will be okay as long as I don't open the plastic cover until I want to eat one. Once you open it, it needs to be consumed within 5 days, provided that you store them in the fridge. :)

Amazing rye bread option

Posted by Reviewer1486372 on Dec 28, 2014

Delicious bread and good price! I keep ordering this almost every time because it is hard to find decent rye bread in Australia.

Tasty but

Posted by 5143800280924132470 on Nov 05, 2014

I wish the rye kernels were still whole. Just a very picky request however, I like how most pumpernickel is chewy, this one lacked a little bit of chew.

Yum

Posted by 5259262925919856696 on Sep 26, 2014

A little dry and salty, but good with avocado or hummus.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »