• Reviews | English

Capra versus Meyenberg

Posted by Reviewer2694374 on Jul 04, 2011

Mt Capra Instant Goat Milk Powder - Very White & Very Fine Powder ( Looks more like a protein powder ) - ZERO Goaty Aroma, NO Milk Aroma. ( This gives me a bad impression ) - BAD mixability ( A shaker is the only way to prevent clumps ) - BLAND TASTING ( Whole family said it tasted like dry cardboard ) - ZERO goat milk taste. ZERO goat milk aroma. ZERO milk aroma - POOR mouthfeel for an instant milk powder. NOT CREAMY at all. - Advantage : Suitable for those who cannot tolerate goaty smell in milk. Only 1 gram Cholesterol. ZERO folic acid. - FEELS LIKE DRINKING A REGULAR NON FLAVORED, PROTEIN POWDER MIXED WITH WATER. NOT SPECTACULAR AT ALL. Meyenberg Instant Goat Milk Powder - Yellow Powder. Not as finely textured as Mt.Capra's Instant Goat Milk. - Gives an obvious goaty aroma and milky aroma - BAD mixability ( shaker is necessary to avoid clumps ) - GOOD for those wants and enjoys a goaty aroma in their milk - NOT CREAMY as advertised. - POOR mouthfeel Conclusion: Both companies could not get the formulation right. So here is my secret to getting it right. Buy a can of Meyenberg and buy one can Mt. Capra MINERAL WHEY. Mix both cans into a larger empty jar. Shake well to make sure both powder mix together well. This is the secret combination that gives us consumers a wonderful, creamy and golden caramel tasting powdered goats milk.

Mt. Capra powdered goat milk

Posted by Reviewer1324578 on Mar 06, 2009

This powdered goat milk tastes as good or maybe a little better than Meyenberg's powdered milk. I can still tell the difference between this and regular whole goat milk, but it's really close. The mixing directions on this product are incorrect in my opinion. It takes 50% more than they state to make good milk, but it's OK, because the container has enough in it to mix it that way and still get 16 servings as stated on the label. I think it's just a misprint on the label. Also, the label states to mix with warm water. The fat doesn't break up well unless very very warm water is used (cold water does not work well at all!). Overall, this is a good product, and I'll buy it again. iHerb has the best price!

Instead of Dead Cow Milk, Here's How I Make Cold Goat Milk On-Demand for My Cereal

Posted by Reviewer1404671 on Aug 10, 2010

I wanted something other than dead cow milk. Raw milk is 'alive' and healthy, but it is only available to the few, for now. I have rice, oat, and almond 'milk'. But I was looking for making milk on-demand for my cereal and consume something that was much healthier than the 'standard' 'milk' products, and yet have stored at room temperature. Powdered Milk. My search led me to Goat Milk. To this site (iHerb). It's my first try at this. Ok, it takes a some getting used to, which I am now as the weeks have passed. Here's how I make my Mt Capra Goat Milk, on-demand, for my cereal: 2 level Tablespoons of Mt Capra Powdered Goat Milk. Add a tiny bit of water - stir until a smooth mix. Somewhat thick. Otherwise, it's much harder to have it properly mixed if all 8oz of water is added at once or adding the powder to the 8oz of water. Now, (if water is at room temperature) add 3-to-5 ice cubes and the rest of the water for 8oz total. Stir until ice melts. Oh, I need to sweetened it up a bit. I add 3 liquid drops of NSI Stevia. If you have a 'weaker' type Stevia, it'll take more drops. (Or use raw cane sugar, raw honey, etc.) I use a Pyrex Measuring Cup (2-cup size) to mix. Cold Goat Milk for my cereal! Or just drink it! -Pj

Here's my verdict.

Posted by jayzou on Apr 07, 2012

I've tried this goat milk and Meyenberg Goat Milk, and both have their pro's and con's. Mt. Capra goat milk has been my first taste of any goat milk, but when I tried Meyenberg' Goat Milk it actually tasted pretty good. Mt. Capra has more of a bland taste, almost non-existent. While the taste barely registers, and the creaminess is there. Meyenberg Goat Milk has the creaminess AND the taste, but the quality might not be as high as Mt. Capra's. In the end, I do what another reviewer states: MIX BOTH Mt. Capra and Meyenberg goat milk together, (especially if you are making kefir) and enjoy!!

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2084487 on Jul 02, 2010

My grandson has a series of allergies and cows milk which he loves also adds to his allergies. Goats milk in Australia, Melbourne any way is expensive . Capra powdered goats milk is a wonderful alternative and one that is affordable. He drinks it happily. Have purchased the product twice and will continue to . Melbourne Australia

Meyenberg vs Mt Capra

Posted by Reviewer1637065 on Aug 07, 2013

Bought both Meyenberg whole powdered goat milk as well as Mt Capra so I think others will be curious to know the difference between these two as I was :) Mt Capra: Bland and thin, rather tasteless. I use my own infant milk formula scoop for both brands so the quantity is consistent. I have to mix in more milk powder for this brand. Its texture is very fine and powdery, like baby milk powder. Mixes very easily in a baby bottle. I do not like the container, its too tall! You need a long spoon to get to the bottom without getting milk powder all over your hands. The powder also sticks to the sides of the container. My older child does not like this milk. I have to combine this with fresh milk for her to accept it. Meyenberg: Creamy and rich with good aroma. Taste is very close to fresh goat milk but still has a slight powdered milk taste. The powder is thicker and darker yellow. It is very hard to mix and I have to shake it very well to get it to completely dissolve. I prefer the taste of Meyenberg but Mt Capra mixes better. Even though Capra works out to be slightly cheaper, I will stick to Meyenberg in the future.

Very Good!

Posted by MarieMR on Nov 10, 2013

This powdered goats milk is very easy to mix and depending on how much you use is very very creamy and the taste is so good. I especially like the fact that it is hormone. preservative and pesticide free with no artificial colours or flavours. Will buy again from iherb as their service is always good and fast. Great to see that Iherb carry some wonderful products at great prices.

Delicious!

Posted by Reviewer2204608 on Oct 11, 2009

Tastes excellent, mixes well but you must use warm water, and an all around great product from Mt. Capra. I will definitely be using this as my main milk product at home.

Mt. Capra Goat's Milk

Posted by Reviewer2288284 on Feb 16, 2009

Excellent product. Love it! The goaty flavor is only slight, and it makes up rich and creamy.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer3071613 on Jan 08, 2008

We have tried many other goat milk products but I have not like any of them until we found this. Me and my son and daughter all get congested when we drink regular cows milk so instead we drink this. We used it as a substitute to baby formula when our kids got old enough. We now put it in our cereal. Tastes great and iHerb has the best price anywhere!