Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Natural Factors, Eye Factors with 2 mg Lutein, 90 Capsules

Reviews 3-star

Photosensitivity Improved

Posted by Reviewer2465794 on Jan 13, 2011

I’m in my early 40’s and have worn glasses since my late teens. Apart from short-sightedness, the main vision problems I have are (computer use-related) photosensitivity, poor night vision, and floaters. I’ve been trying a few supplements to help with these issues and also to guard against age-related macular degeneration. I’ve tried both bilberry and lutein/zeaxanthin but didn’t notice much improvement of any kind. I thought I’d give this product a try since it‘s such a good price, and lo and behold, I’ve noticed quite an improvement with the photosensitivity. I’ve just re-ordered and I may try combining it with Jarrow‘s CarotenALL or Country Life‘s Carotenoid Complex in future. Note that I’ve been taking 3-a-day; experience has taught me that supplement manufacturers tend to be conservative with their dosage guidelines. If you want to try this, I’d recommend taking the maximum dose.

One part of the arsenal, one element of the weapon's system

Posted by Reviewer1972947 on May 01, 2009

Has esstential nutriments for the eyes, no doubt about it, but the same top three you can also get by eating eggs which I do every three or so days apart, along with avocado and sardine sandwiches and juicing also, kale, yams, parsley, red or green pepper and carrots and two ounces of wheatgrass each day, and I am on this regimen cause of a massive detached floater in one of my eyes, with occasional flashes of light off to the side, so I am hoping to head off a retina detachment, and my vision has improved, but I can't pinpoint anything specific, but this supplement, Eye Factors, is certainly part of my regimen. My eye doctor didn't reschedule me saying that the light is from the floater with a part still attached, and that I am good for another 12,000 miles, but lets see, no pun intended. I will continue with eye supplements and other supplements from Iherb, along with a healthy diet, juicing both vegetables, fruits and wheatgrass. I do believe this supplement has helped, but in combination with the rest of what I am intaking. Wish it had more Lutein in it other than just 2mg which is why I only gave it three stars.

helps the eyes a bit

Posted by Reviewer2571650 on Mar 01, 2009

I have very dry eyes, and I noticed they were getting weaker, so I decided to try these herbs for the eyes. Some improvement was shown.

Can't tell

Posted by Reviewer3042935 on May 10, 2011

I'm almost finished with this bottle. No stomach upset, but haven't noticed any difference in my vision or in my nighttime dry eyes. I have been taking religiously 3 capsules per day.

SO SO

Posted by StarFire on Sep 28, 2013

Might help a bit...most of the ingredients are not great! "...the effect of bilberry on night vision is unfounded..." (Wikipedia) I am now using products the have 5-10 times the Lutein & Zeaxanthin!