• This product is kept refrigerated to ensure maximum freshness.

• Customer Ratings

Dead on arrival

Posted by woeishyang on Jul 27, 2013

Something seems to be wrong with the bottle I've received, there seems to be absolutely no biological activity at all. To test if your bottle is affected, simply mix 2 teaspoon full of powder with some milk and set it in your yogurt maker. If the milk curds after a few hours then yours is fine, however if your milk remains the same then you have received a dud too.

helped us

Posted by Reviewer1438371 on Aug 28, 2010

Our second child was quite fussy but not by definition colicky. He rarely slept more than 2 hrs straight for his first 6 months. We tried everything including taking him to a chiropractor. Nothing was helping and we thought he was the most intense person we knew. Both the chiro and pediatrician recommended probiotics to help but since he was nursed we couldn't introduce them until solids. A few weeks after starting the probiotics he was sleeping 6 hours without waking and soon got up to 9 hours. After one month we realized he was now the happiest baby and not intense and serious like he had been. We used them for several months then didn't reorder when we ran out. Two weeks later he started waking every few hours again so we got him right back on the probiotics. No one can say for sure if it truly is the probiotics, but for all of the health benefits and our experience with them we will continue using them.

Works fast! Highly recommended.

Posted by Reviewer2447260 on Mar 24, 2009

My 9 month old son had diarrhea and hadn't been eating well for almost two weeks. My doctor recommended a probiotic for him so I tried this one. It was great! Within two days, his digestive functions were restored to normal and he was eating like crazy! I give it to him with just a little formula mixed in a bottle- it has a sweet taste by itself so he has no problems taking it.

Probiotics necessary for children!

Posted by Reviewer2957900 on Dec 14, 2010

Our granddaughter is 2-1/2 years old. We have been giving her this product every day since she was about a year old. She is very seldom sick with any kind of virus. It mixes great with any juice. We highly recommend this!

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2617302 on Jan 08, 2011

I give this to my children every day for maintenace and they rarely ever sick and I have always been able to avoid the doctor, this stuff seems to really help keep their immune systems up to snuff.

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer3297475 on Dec 13, 2009

I notice when my son takes this that he is more regular and doesn't catch all the colds and sore throats that are going around school. This doesn't just help digestions but the immune system too. My son is 4 and happily takes the powder straight out of the container--he likes the taste.

Excellent for a dog with IBD

Posted by Reviewer2089770 on Mar 10, 2011

I have a Great Dane with GI problems that have been diagnosed as due to IBD. I have not followed the vet's recommendation to put him on steroids. Instead, I have tried probiotics. Not all of them worked. Before trying Primadophilus Children Powder with FOS, I had him on Healthy Origins Probiotic, which worked great (stopped the diarrhea). This probiotic also works great, at a fraction of the cost.

Tastes good

Posted by Reviewer2336436 on Feb 23, 2010

My infant & toddler both take it and neither spits it out. In fact, my toddler calls it "yummy." I gave it to my infant to treat digestive upsets such as gas, & frequent spitting up... so far he has less gas. I gave it to my toddler after a round of antibiotics to firm things up, and it has seemed to work. The amount used (1/2 tsp for babies, 1 tsp for kids) is small and the small tub will probably last for 4-6 weeks, so a great price for probiotics, especially considering that others cost much more (i.e., Bio Gaia costs $39+ for 1/2 ounce).

Not adviced for sensetive babies tummies

Posted by nirinki on Oct 19, 2013

it contains all the allergens : lactose, soy etc... my baby had gasy reaction to it. So we have ended up ordering another lactose / soy free probiotics ("Custom probiotics")

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1860541 on Dec 27, 2012

This is twice as expensive to buy in nz from places like Health 2000. Very happy with product. Fast delivery. Love iherb....