Navitas Naturals, Raw Chocolate Cacao Nibs, , 16 oz (454 g)

Reviews 2-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Consistency

Posted by 5652245761243886250 on Apr 17, 2013

The bad thing about Nativa's products is their consistency. Sometimes fresh, sometimes very bad. I can not stand this any more. Switching to Frontier's nibs.

Bitter taste

Posted by 4890758919707696264 on Jul 17, 2013

These taste very bitter - like the dregs at the bottom of a bottle of red wine - so unfortunately, I haven't gotten into them as I hoped I would.

Holy bitter chocolate batman!

Posted by 4946635757623497603 on Nov 17, 2013

When I made my purchase of the products, I was looking for something exotic to throw into my basket here, and boy did I find a winner. I had initially thought cacao, the origin of chocolate, and I knew from what I read that untreated chocolate is quite bitter, but it had not prepared me for the loving combination of flavors that I can lovingly through experience akin to the perfect blending of pine tree bark mixed with bakers chocolate. The bitterness from just a few nibs, which mind you are about the size of mini chocolate chips. were enough to deter anyone else in my household to assist me on the consumption of these things. And despite the energy and benefits the food provides, I find myself afraid to finish more than a few pinches a day. It is certainly something worth a health nut's diet, but chocolate lovers beware, this is not your normal meal. I will however likely purchase it again, due to the time that when I see it next and am out of what I currently have, I will likely have forgotten the flavor. Cest le vive.

Weird taste

Posted by 5421283977556596880 on Feb 20, 2014

I ordered these bc they seemed to be a great option for regular cocoa/chocoloate. On the package it says they're suited for hot drinks, as a topping on ice cream etc. But they are really not, I tried to make hot chocolate out o these, but it was impossible. I also had some of them on my ice cream, but the taste was disgusting. These are not suitable unless you cook or prepare them!

Strange

Posted by Reviewer3013869 on Jan 13, 2011

Probably perfect.but not my taste, bitter and fatty

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »