Cadmium contamination

Posted by Reviewer1412707 on May 18, 2014

I've been eating Navitas cacao products for several years now (mostly the nibs, though, lately, not the powder). I was horrified to read the Consumer Lab report that just came out. It found extremely high levels of cadmium (though no lead, at least), in Navitas Naturals cacao powder. Alas, I will be switching brands.

No Longer RAW

Posted by Reviewer2705119 on Aug 11, 2015

I've always enjoyed Navitas Cacao Powder for both taste and quality. I was surprised and disappointed to see that my latest package no longer says, "Raw Cacao". Although their website says "processed with low heat", it's apparently no longer their commitment to keep it low enough to be labeled raw. I'll be reading the labels of trusted brands more carefully and buying my cacao elsewhere from now on.

Won't emulsify

Posted by Reviewer2283039 on Jan 04, 2013

Although I like the flavor and aroma of this cacao powder, no matter how much I shake it up in my breakfast drinks it stays in little clumps that are unpleasant. A significant amount of it inevitably stays behind in the bottom of the container no matter how quickly I down it.

Good

Posted by snowfitness1 on Jul 04, 2011

I am giving this 2 stars only because I was hoping for something more I suppose. I have used Now Organic Cocoa Powder for ages, and I thought I'd splurge and give this raw type a try. I suppose I am receiving more pure nutrients from it, but I don't find it to be any better than the more economical Now version. Oh well, now I know. :)

not enough chocolate favour

Posted by Reviewer2855481 on Jul 04, 2011

can't taste any chocolate in my bread or coffee made with huge amount this product.

A bit bitter

Posted by Reviewer1608169 on Jul 03, 2014

This was very bitter ! I prefer other

not bad also not sweet

Posted by 5529346590373382673 on Dec 03, 2013

not bad also not sweet

Broken

Posted by 5684002164410426310 on Jul 07, 2014

There was a hole in the bag so the box was full of cocoa even tho the taste was good.