Nellie's All-Natural, Laundry Soda, 100 Loads, 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)

Works great in our hard water!

Posted by Reviewer3020790 From New Hampshire on Mar 18, 2012

I wasn't sure if I would like going back to a powder laundry detergent, but I've been using Nellie's for about three weeks now (that's about 15 loads of laundry) and I absolutely love it! We have water that borders on "hard", so the white clothes can get a yellow/gray cast to them due to the minerals left behind. I have found the whites coming out brighter than ever. But, the best part is that the clothes smell like they've been hung outside in the sunshine. I can't hang clothes outside here, so I missed that lovely, fresh smell. You only use one small scoopful (included in the package). I like the idea that I am not paying for a product that is more water than cleaning agent. I will definitely buy this product again.

You Might Be Surprised

Posted by HawaiianViking From Hawaii on Nov 10, 2012

When Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda arrives you might be surprised at the relatively small size of the container and also at the small size of the scoop included for measuring the detergent, since a tablespoon of powder couldn't clean laundry satisfactorily. But it does! As explained by the manufacturer, Nellie's doesn't include water in its Laundry Soda formulation, which is the principal ingredient in most laundry detergents: "Nellie's [doesn't] think selling you water and moving water around the planet is a good idea." Judging from my experience, I have to agree; Nellie's Laundry Soda left my clothes clean and residue-free. In addition, the packaging is hard not to like. I thought that a metal container was chosen as an appeal to sentimentality, but Nellie's explains that the packaging was chosen because "[i]ron and Steel are the world's most recycled materials, and amongst the easiest materials to reprocess."

Best Laundry Soda EVER !!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR From Finland on Aug 11, 2013

As a germaphobe, I used to dump an excessive amount of harsh detergents in the wash. In an effort to be kinder to the environment and reduce the chemicals in my household, I decided to give Nellie's a try. I was skeptical that a powder with so few ingredients would get the clothes clean--especially if I only used a tablespoon. HOLY COW, it actually works! . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits (or taste good).

I love this!!

Posted by Reviewer2015765 From Korea, Republic of on Feb 08, 2012

It's natural and eco-friendly. I hate the smell of the laundry soap, but after using this I don't need to smell of it anymore^^

Great for Cloth Diapers

Posted by zigzagza on Nov 06, 2013

We use Nellie's for all our laundry - adults', babies', sheets, towels, rugs, everything. It doesn't leave a residue so it's great for cloth diapers. It takes the odour out of the stinkiest diapers. A few of us in the family have sensitive skin and Nellie's doesn't give us itches or rashes. I use a little less than one scoop for a full load, one full scoop only for laundry that's heavily soiled.