Nellie's All-Natural, Laundry Soda, 100 Loads, 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)

You Might Be Surprised

Posted by HawaiianViking on Nov 10, 2012

When Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda arrives you might be surprised at the relatively small size of the container and also at the small size of the scoop included for measuring the detergent, since a tablespoon of powder couldn't clean laundry satisfactorily. But it does! As explained by the manufacturer, Nellie's doesn't include water in its Laundry Soda formulation, which is the principal ingredient in most laundry detergents: "Nellie's [doesn't] think selling you water and moving water around the planet is a good idea." Judging from my experience, I have to agree; Nellie's Laundry Soda left my clothes clean and residue-free. In addition, the packaging is hard not to like. I thought that a metal container was chosen as an appeal to sentimentality, but Nellie's explains that the packaging was chosen because "[i]ron and Steel are the world's most recycled materials, and amongst the easiest materials to reprocess."

Works great in our hard water!

Posted by Reviewer3020790 on Mar 18, 2012

I wasn't sure if I would like going back to a powder laundry detergent, but I've been using Nellie's for about three weeks now (that's about 15 loads of laundry) and I absolutely love it! We have water that borders on "hard", so the white clothes can get a yellow/gray cast to them due to the minerals left behind. I have found the whites coming out brighter than ever. But, the best part is that the clothes smell like they've been hung outside in the sunshine. I can't hang clothes outside here, so I missed that lovely, fresh smell. You only use one small scoopful (included in the package). I like the idea that I am not paying for a product that is more water than cleaning agent. I will definitely buy this product again.

Best Laundry Soda EVER !!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013

As a germaphobe, I used to dump an excessive amount of harsh detergents in the wash. In an effort to be kinder to the environment and reduce the chemicals in my household, I decided to give Nellie's a try. I was skeptical that a powder with so few ingredients would get the clothes clean--especially if I only used a tablespoon. HOLY COW, it actually works! . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits (or taste good).

Will never go back to commercial detergent

Posted by msau99 on Jan 04, 2014

After a medical condition, I did some research and switched to Nellie laundry soda. I wanted to avoid the bad stuff in commercial detergent. When the cute pretty tin arrived, it made me wonder whether just a scoop of the powder would do the job. But, it does! Very well indeed! The clothes come out clean, they also smell clean and fresh and residue free. They do not smell fakish. I have been using this for two months plus and I absolutely will never go back to commercial detergent. If you are debating whether or not to try this, hesitate no longer, please order and try for yourself. Trust me, you won't regret it. Click on my username for more reviews! If you find this review helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Fabric Softener - Yes Laundry Cleaner - No

Posted by Reviewer2607044 on Jan 22, 2014

This does not 'clean' your clothes. I have tried using 2 and 3 times the amount called for and the clothes still do not smell clean. I have a very good 'nose' and I can smell body oils, etc. in clothes that most people can't detect at all. We have well water and it is softened. I do not know how it works with chlorinated city water. If this can't clean towels, t-shirts and simple things you can only imagine the results when trying on my husbands work clothes. UGH. The only good thing I can say about this is that it does make towels and clothes softer, BUT soft 'still dirty' items are not acceptable to me. I was hoping this would work, but it does not. On a good note, I have to say that I have started adding a little of this to my wash along with my powder detergent and the clothes are super soft. So, I will use it as a fabric softener which is a 'natural' way to get the clothes soft. This combined with my detergent makes the clothes smell very fresh too. Wish it worked as well without adding my powder to it.