Good product but expensive

Posted by NBPT100 on Sep 14, 2013

This is a good whole food fish oil derived from only wild salmon. There is much written by authorities on the importance of Good contaminant free Omega 3 fatty acids. So I won't reiterate this. The downside of whole food fish oil vs. distilled is that whole food may have heavy metals or other contamination in it from whatever that fish ate. It maybe a low risk if the fish always ate other fish that never traveled to non-industrialized areas or were around any oil/chemical contamination from marine or oil drilling accidents. As a salmon oil is does have some Astaxanthin in it which is an excellent anti-oxidant and important in eye health. But the amounts are relative low. Don't get distracted with side dishes in your fish oil like Vit D, Vit E and Astaxathin. All good stuff but the main reason to take fish oil is for the Omega 3's. Don't shortchange your self on Omega 3's to get a few side dishes that you can get in adequate amounts else where. Most middle age and older folks should take 5-8 of these gel caps a day. It gets expensive. That is why it gets only 4 stars. Go to my home page to see my fish oil recommendations and other value added reviews. If you found this helpful "Yes" votes are appreciated. Thanks and good health!

Best Single supplement ever

Posted by Reviewer1976345 on Feb 03, 2010

All of the review above are what I have experienced. I also have found a benefit for my accute dry-eye condition. Just three days after starting Wholemega my eyes improved dramatically! Painful knee--gone, improved hair and nails,more energy, clearer brain, better sleep, etc, etc.

very effective

Posted by Reviewer1877250 on Aug 10, 2010

After using several quality liquid fish oils, I tried this product. I felt a real difference in a few short days from a calmness to more energy. Also, after a few months now, my hair has noticeable become thicker. I've been taking New Chapter products for over 10 years. They are the best out there.

Great Omega formula

Posted by Reviewer1716766 on Aug 31, 2009

When you can feel the difference you know something is changed. Since I changed from my trusted Dr Murray (Natural Factors) Omega 3 formula to this one I've found the joint pain I've been suffering from Osteoarthritis noticeably improved. Having spoken considerably with the folks at New Chapter I understand why that would be the case. What a great company to put out such a pure yet unrefined product like this, in contrast to all those other highly distilled and purified fish oil supplements.

Superior

Posted by Reviewer2089770 on Sep 27, 2009

I have tried other top brands of fish oil, but this one truly stands out. I have tried this brand via a sample from iHerb, and as soon as I used it, I ordered the biggest bottle; I was sold.

good!

Posted by FataMorgana on Mar 25, 2012

I really like this fish oil, ordering is not the first time.

A real revolution in fish Oil by New Chapter!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1103521 on Apr 26, 2010

I think this is the only Fish Oil on the market that is as close as you can get to eating wild salmon. All of the beneficial Omegas are preserved by the process they use so this unlike any other product. My only request is that New Chapter tries to make this is a Liquid form someday soon. So many people have trouble digesting gelatin capsules, or are fish eating vegetarians who do not like to take bovine softgels, so a Liquid form of the product would be fantasti! If you are already taking a fish oil supplement but are not seeing the results you hoped for, this product is really worth a try.

Excellent Product!!

Posted by Reviewer1346887 on Mar 09, 2010

I have never written a review before. But this fish oil is so outstanding I decided I should tell others. I have used fish oil for years. I switched to this fish oil and within a few weeks my skin became amazingly soft. I've always drank a lot of water, but my skin has always been scale-y and dry. Now, my skin is supple and beautiful. My husband can't believe how much softer my skin is! I take two a day, 1 with breakfast and 1 with dinner. (My brain is much happier too!) I also had weird bumps on my arms and those are gone. I can't wait until summer to show off my beautiful skin! Thanks iherb for being so fast and reasonably priced! VERY happy customer!!

GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Posted by Reviewer1570950 on Oct 05, 2010

I love this product. I've been looking to take fish oil for a while now, and I've been a fan of New Chapter and I was not disappointed. I love these softgels. You can take them even on an empty stomach and what's best, you don't repeat as much. I Love them!

Wholemega in mega dose

Posted by Reviewer2132798 on Sep 07, 2010

My doctor advised that I double my omega intake. I am having some cholesterol "issues" and refuse to try the statins again. This is easy to take and there are no "fish burps" or nasty aftertaste.