No effect at all

Posted by Reviewer2646543 on Apr 26, 2016

I had high hopes for this product, because of the positive reviews, however, I didn't experience any benefit from taking 5-HTP at all. I'm disappointed that I've yet to find something that works for me.

GOOD

Posted by 4891047154947611514 on Apr 24, 2016

induces better sleep

A good one but the effects are short lasting

Posted by 5279111227043442885 on Apr 21, 2016

I have never been taking this supplement and since I work in a healthy food store where we sell these kind of stuff I got to know this product. In my country (Croatia, Europe) this product is very expensive so I am happy that we have iHerb where everything is not that expensive. This product is no miracle but it will help you to become calm and your thoughts will be easy flowing. I noticed that it takes around 30-60 minutes for HTP to start working in your brain. The feeling is similiar when you are done with gym workout and you feel like you are on a cloud, and dont give a heck about anything. I also noticed that I want to sing when I take it :) The negative side is that the effects of the pill last 2-3 hours. Also dont take more than one pill at a time because it will increase anxiety and negative thoughts. I dont suffer from any mental condition that would require for me to take HTP but I took it out of curiosity. Summary, it is pretty decent product that will help you through a stresfull day but the effects are not long enough. Greets from beautiful Croatia :)

very good

Posted by fairytalecity on Apr 20, 2016

This one helps me alot during the wintertime in norway. Helps me with my winter depretion , and bad mood.

Very Effective for restful sleep

Posted by 5331366978351291645 on Apr 14, 2016

My husband is a computer programmer and is sometimes working all hours of the night and early morning - he has had terrible sleep habits over the years and unfortunately they have finally caught up with him as now he has much difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep and having a restful night's worth of sleep. He has tried over the counter sleeping pills, alcohol and was recently prescribed 'melatonin' to sleep-the OTC pills did not work, the alcohol just knocked him initially out but he had very restless sleep and got up constantly in the night, while the melatonin gave him vivid dreams that once caused him to fall off the bed (he dreamt he was playing football - 'kicked' the ball, fell off the bed and injured 2 of his toes). We ordered this after reading the reviews here and researching the link between restful sleep and the amino acid L-tryptophan and serotonin - this worked the first night perfectly. Trying not to get too excited with this 'miracle cure' he did not take any the following night - no sleep and then took one the 3rd night- worked again - it was really very effective to fall asleep and to maintain a restful and peaceful night sleep. We will be ordering this again.

Sleep like a baby with this

Posted by AIM-FOR-GOOD-HEALTH on Mar 16, 2016

After chronic sleep problems for the last 18 years, I sleep like a baby and it makes me much happier!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Melatonin ended up depressing me. However I had to switch to the 50mg version as 100mg bombs me out too much. I recommend trying the 50mg first. Make sure you take tablet immediately on getting in bed though for maximum effects. If I take it and stay up for even a few minutes, because it seems to take fairly instant effect...within a minute or two....my brain seems to counteract it somehow and cancel out the effect. (Feel free to visit my page for more reviews by clicking on my username.)

5-htp

Posted by 4889945007188491871 on Feb 02, 2016

as per described, did have effects of headaches, excessive dryness of lips and skin, mood fluctuations following day after night time consumption.

High Quality

Posted by 5720507474578383192 on Jan 22, 2016

This is a high quality 5-HTP, I've tried a few others over the years and this brand has a cleaner-feel to it.

Better sleep

Posted by Reviewer3276893 on Dec 25, 2015

This helps me sleep better.

I had High Hopes

Posted by 5542017374772279856 on Dec 24, 2015

I had High Hopes for this product. 5-HTP Suffering from insomnia for so long I thought I finally found something that might work in addition to it supposedly putting you in a better mood and better mind set. What happened was the opposite , worse mood and worse insomnia. Didn't work for me but might work for you.