Seems to work . . .

Posted by Reviewer1184969 on Sep 14, 2011

I've been advised by both a nutritionist and an herbologist to take several of these - 5 or more - with a meal (dosage depends on the amount of protein in the meal). I'm not taking as many as they suggest (until you feel some "heat" then back off), but judging by how things are digesting. Apparently, low stomach acid is a very common problem, and 1 or 2 capsules is not enough. Eventually, I should be able to reduce the number as my stomach begins to produce more acid.

Decent choice for HCl

Posted by Reviewer1677044 on Jan 05, 2010

I find this works quite well, even when taken many hours after a meal. Usually only need one or two of these with any meal.

Really helped my digestion

Posted by Reviewer1824101 on Apr 14, 2010

I didn't realize I had digestion problems until I started taking these. I feel like a different person! I used to always feel bloated and have gastrointestinal issues. I gave up gluten over a year ago and that helped. This is taking it even further!

Bethaine

Posted by Reviewer1274616 on Jun 14, 2010

I take this combined with Super Enzymes, both from Now Foods. Really keeps my digestive track running smoothly.

Helped me get off RX meds

Posted by Reviewer3249808 on Nov 29, 2015

I was depending on omeprazole or Nexium (and sometimes pepcid and liquid Maalox on the same day!) to control my burning stomach. I knew there had to be a better way!! That way of life was terrible. I ordered 2 bottles of this and have just finished 1 bottle. I'm proud to say, in 2 short months, I no longer use any of the omeprazole, Nexium, pepcid, or Maalox. I started out taking the Betaine twice a day before breakfast and dinner, along with the omeprazole. I gradually weaned off that and onto pepcid alone (something I had tried to do several times in the past but didn't work). This probably took about 3-4 weeks. Then I only used the pepcid as needed which has become so rare it's amazing. I haven't changed my eating or other medications. I plan to order a couple more bottles to get me thru to holidays but I will also be telling my doc about this one. I'll admit, something I wouldn't really believe if it hadn't worked for me.

Works well to digest food! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews and information! ♥♥♥

Posted by gettingwell on Sep 05, 2013

I got this to help digest my food but I don't think I was taking enough. I only used 1 tablet but I probably should have used a couple. Now I have found that these would work better if taken before you eat, and now I take one along with another comprehensive enzyme tablet. If you found this review helpful please let me know by pressing the yes button below.

Hurts

Posted by Reviewer1793628 on May 07, 2014

I'm glad someone else had the same experience. This product hurts my stomach. And I don't have a touchy stomach. I've taken Doctors Best HCL but it had so much less Pepsin that I thought I'd try this one. I started it and it hurt. So I stopped it. Nothing hurt. Then I started it again. It hurt again. I'm going back to Doctors Best and will probably also try Thorne and Blue Bonnet, to compare. I'm using this for rosacea, since the consensus of those docs I respeect seems to be that that's what may cause it. AND I'm 66 so, no doubt, levels may be low by now. I probably need some.

very good product

Posted by Reviewer2400395 on Sep 10, 2011

this really works

Seniors need Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer3104381 on Aug 12, 2009

I have been taking the same amount for over 10 years. The aging body makes too little HCl. For elderly folk like me, what feels like acid indigestion is usually alkaline indigestion. About 1300 gms [2 caps] right after dinner keeps my digestion good. If i forget and stuff comes up in my throat, I dump the powder in warm water and wash the food particles back into my stomach. You know it's working when the HCl reacts with alkaline in your belly and a nice big burp comes up.

Only one I use

Posted by Reviewer1323197 on Dec 08, 2007

Been using this product since I was told to buy it 6 years ago. I have tried others but this works very well for my body and I trust them.