good and strong

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Jul 01, 2009

I noticed when I switched to the NOW brand, I have to take less. Good stuff.

Helps with digestion

Posted by Reviewer2358885 on Oct 11, 2007

I found this product extremely helpful for digestion. Good quality product, excellent price!

digestion

Posted by Reviewer2896760 on Jan 26, 2010

This has helped wonderfully with helping me to digest my protein and fat rich meals. I no longer feel heavy and full after meals. this is a definate must have if you suffer from sluggish digestion. If you lack stomach acid your not breaking down your protein effectively.

Steve

Posted by GeneAum on Oct 17, 2007

As we age the body produces decreasing amounts of HCL - especially at night. I take two to digest my food.

Now Foods, Betaine HCI, 120 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer3026666 on Jun 18, 2008

This is a great product for heartburn and digestion. My husband had horrible heartburn, but since using this it has greatly improved.

Helped me get off RX meds

Posted by Reviewer3249808 on Nov 29, 2015

I was depending on omeprazole or Nexium (and sometimes pepcid and liquid Maalox on the same day!) to control my burning stomach. I knew there had to be a better way!! That way of life was terrible. I ordered 2 bottles of this and have just finished 1 bottle. I'm proud to say, in 2 short months, I no longer use any of the omeprazole, Nexium, pepcid, or Maalox. I started out taking the Betaine twice a day before breakfast and dinner, along with the omeprazole. I gradually weaned off that and onto pepcid alone (something I had tried to do several times in the past but didn't work). This probably took about 3-4 weeks. Then I only used the pepcid as needed which has become so rare it's amazing. I haven't changed my eating or other medications. I plan to order a couple more bottles to get me thru to holidays but I will also be telling my doc about this one. I'll admit, something I wouldn't really believe if it hadn't worked for me.

Works well to digest food! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews and information! ♥♥♥

Posted by gettingwell on Sep 05, 2013

I got this to help digest my food but I don't think I was taking enough. I only used 1 tablet but I probably should have used a couple. Now I have found that these would work better if taken before you eat, and now I take one along with another comprehensive enzyme tablet. If you found this review helpful please let me know by pressing the yes button below.

very good product

Posted by Reviewer2400395 on Sep 10, 2011

this really works

GERD REVIEW

Posted by 5421037811186023729 on Apr 29, 2014

There are two kinds GERDs: Those who needs MORE stomach acid, with Betaine Hcl, digestive enzymes and Apple Cider Vinegar And Those who needs to heal the stomach, with aloe vera, baking soda, raw potato juice Guess what?

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2868187 on Dec 30, 2010

I bought this thinking that low stomach acid might be the source of my digestion problems. I didn't consult with any kind of medical practitioner beforehand. While apple cider vinegar does seem to help, this product seemed like it was exactly what I didn't need. This exacerbated my condition. My advice to those not sure whether or not this product might be useful: Buy one bottle, and see.