stevia

Posted by Reviewer1492361 on Oct 13, 2007

The stevia tastes great, but the bottle lid is poorly designed. This means that I end up squeezing out way too much of this ultra sweet substance. What I want is a few drops, not a big glop. I end up wasting stevia, which, at nearly $15.00/bottle is a big deal. Also, the lids leak, so the entire counter surface where I store stevia gets very sticky and sweet. Now Herbs used to use a bottle with a smaller nozzle, which worked much better.

Wishing for a New Formula

Posted by Reviewer2793144 on Oct 30, 2007

I wish this were Stevia Liquid, not Stevia Glycerite.

Stevia Glycerite

Posted by Reviewer2799658 on Dec 12, 2007

I found this product provides sweetness in very small quantities - need to use only a small amount. A little difficult to control dispensing from the bottle. In the past I used a similar product that used an eye dropper and was easier to control portions.

not as good as real liquid stevia

Posted by Reviewer3314185 on Jun 18, 2008

I thought that this would be more stevia for less. It has more of the consistance of honey. It may be good if used in cooking but it does not seem to be good as the real liquid for adding to cold lemonade or iced tea, for example. It tasted just as good as the liquid. Not a bad prduct, just not was I was expecting. I guess I should have looked at the description closer to see what was meant by "Glycerite"--DUH!

Makes creamy shakes!

Posted by Reviewer1087053 on Nov 16, 2008

I like the taste of this stevia compared to others and it adds texture to my shakes.

Price

Posted by Reviewer1888202 on Jan 19, 2011

Best price.

OK

Posted by Reviewer1154062 on Apr 25, 2011

The glycerite has a bitter aftertaste and it´s sticky. But you don´t need much, so it is long-lasting.

I'm shocked

Posted by Reviewer1577866 on Nov 04, 2011

I found this product to be so thick a dropper could hardly take it up or dispense it into a drink. I didn't expect it to be as thick as honey. I'm experimenting with it by adding a bit of water to it to thin it out & make it easier to use. I also found it took more of it to sweeten a drink than the thinner type. Being thinned it make take even more to sweeten a drink.

Almost just like sugar

Posted by Reviewer2401050 on Apr 11, 2012

I tried this in my tea, not so good, but in my coffee, it is not noticeable. My taste buds are super sensitive. I haven't put it in anything else yet.

Not as sweet as other brands

Posted by supplementguru on Apr 13, 2013

I bought this because of the lower price. Well, the reason for the lower price is because it seems to be an inferior quality. It wasn't bad, it still tasted good, but you definitely need to use more to get the same sweetness. It is alcohol free, so that is a plus. The glycerin is thick, so it got a little messy because it's slow to drip off the dropper. So taste was good, overall sweetness, not so good. I will stick to the Sweetleaf brand.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »