calcium citrate powder

Posted by Reviewer2819736 on Oct 10, 2008

I like this because it doesn't have any other ingredients in it. I don't necessarily like using a powder form of Calcium but I prefer it to tablets and the caplets all had some other ingredient that I'm allergic to.

Works in smoothies

Posted by Reviewer1259171 on Dec 19, 2007

I have a hiatial hernia and can't swallow pills, so I am very grateful for the powders NOW provides. Since I can't know the reliability of the different companies, I trust iHerb not to sell me anything of low quality.

Now Foods, Calcium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer1083504 on Oct 28, 2008

an excellent way to take a calcium supplement without pills or capsules. Dissolves instantly

calcium citrate powder

Posted by Reviewer3173464 on Jun 13, 2008

This is the only site I could find this product. I like this brand because it gives me the pure calcium citrate powder without any citric acid or other additives. It tastes better and saves me $$!

Does the Job Well

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on Mar 27, 2008

This is a fine, bio-available calcium. I use 2 tsp. (I need a lot), four times per day (between meals). I take it together with Dr's Best magnesium, vitamin A (from fish liver oil), and vitamin D (cholecalciferol).

Calcium nothing else

Posted by Reviewer2427281 on Oct 14, 2008

Best thing I like is that there are no additives.

TCC - Tri-Calcium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer1434258 on Aug 27, 2011

Recently I discovered that adding calcium to coffee can improve taste by reducing acidity. In the 1800's they used egg shells for this purpose. Many foods and beverages are acidic and will dissolve tooth enamel. I did some research on the best way to reduce acidity and possibly improve taste and settled on TCC. TCC is a flavorless form of calcium that is bioavailable (see CITRICAL vitamins) and will titrate acids to protect teeth. I have been using the TCC as an additive for acid foods and beverages and also a calcium supplement as well. TCC fills the bill. IHerb service is a plus. I have bought from iHerb for about a year and there have been no glitches.

Cheap!

Posted by sav430 on Jun 26, 2012

Just calcium citrate without the extra crap that is added in pills. Taking this is also a lot cheaper than buying pills. 5 stars easy!

The real stuff

Posted by Reviewer2723286 on Sep 02, 2012

I had earlier purchased Nature's Way product, titled Calcium Citrate and in small print, Carbonate & Malate. However, the proportions of each are nowhere mentioned. Since my research indicated that the citrate molecule is by far the most active in creating bone strength, I then bought Now Foods Calcium Citrate. It is a powder and forms a milky mix easily. I weigh the powder and use 3 to 3.3 grams daily (3gm of the powder contains 630 mg of calcium). I am pleased to obtain what I wanted. I also take Magnesium Citrate tablets (400 mg of magnesium/day), needed to make the calcium build bones.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2368048 on Jan 17, 2014

Haven't noticed any change, but it does mix well and doesn't have any bad taste