Excellent form of calcium

Posted by Reviewer2323277 on May 03, 2016

Calcium citrate is alkalinizing and prevents development of kidney stones. For optimum absorption consider dissolving it with Ascorbic Acid powder and taking Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 (MK-7). Calcium citrate should not cause any stomach upset; digestive issues and acid reflux are often caused by LOW stomach acid, in which case Betaine HCL and/or (NOW) Super Enzymes (also contains Betaine HCL) can provide major relief.

Better than Tablets

Posted by 4858333917960020208 on May 03, 2016

I like that this Calcium Citrate is the only ingredient with no other additives. The usual Calcium tablet is huge and hard to swallow and dissolve. This powder is fine and easily dissolves in thicker juices. It is not my sole source of Calcium so I rarely take more than 1 teaspoon a day. A lot of foods in my diet are Calcium rich, but as a woman I need more than usual to stave off Osteoporosis. Please be advised that you need Magnesium, Vitamin D, Zinc and Lysine to make Calcium more effective for bone health. As far as "cleaning your toilet with this product", as one reviewer said: Calcium is important for Colon health as well as bone health! If he can clean the toilet with this, maybe the toilet wouldn't be as dirty if Calcium Citrate Pure Powder were cleaning his colon instead!

great

Posted by 5217230806652755504 on Feb 12, 2016

thanks!!

Take with food

Posted by 5139902428100718625 on Sep 25, 2015

I use this since I generally don't intake milk products, and I don't chew greens all day. Simplest way for me to take it is to put the spoon with the powder directly into the mouth, then put water in my mouth, roll it around the mouth for a second and swallow. If I put it in liquid first (in a mug) I find the texture is more noticeable (unpleasant). Not an unpleasant taste in my opinion (I use lots of nasty chemicals however, so I am hardened), but the texture can be somewhat unpleasant. On an empty stomach it has caused some mild nausea, like most things can. Only possible effect I notice is it might give a little bit of energy.

very good

Posted by 5635181010010121921 on Jun 03, 2015

I use it a lot. In my morning shake as well in my childrens milk /they are on non diary diet/. I put some in pancakes and cakes as well just to add some more calsium in our diet. No taste at all. Great Product. I will continue to purchese it!

Perfect

Posted by 5273168023097463292 on Apr 16, 2015

I love this: it is easy to add (does not dissolves well, but that is okay for me), is basically tasteless and easy to take up for the body. Will buy again.

Easier tho swallow than tablet

Posted by 5676779061865305759 on Feb 20, 2015

I bought this item for my mom, because last time i bought her a big tablet one, she comments that it is very difficult to swallow, I think i would be better for elder who has to take many kind of pill each day.

Great product

Posted by 5081004034319286070 on Nov 08, 2014

No fillers and binders. Tastes fine. Easy to mix into water etc. Great price. I'm very happy. Thanks iHerb!

Calcium Citrate

Posted by 5710168434852474512 on Oct 15, 2014

Useful for its purpose.

tasteless and easy to mix

Posted by 4990813049902128725 on Mar 15, 2014

I've been using this in our smoothies and find it blends right in without affecting the taste. I also have added it to orange juice, and my six-year-old son didn't notice the difference. I love that I can make my own calcium fortified drinks that my kids will drink.