Infuriatingly Deceptive

Posted by 5044162987611679048 on Jun 09, 2015

I make an effort to eat organic food and I avoid food from China because the air is toxic and U.S. companies have significant hurdles that prevent thorough oversight of growers. This product is from China. I carefully read the product label to be certain it contained only stevia and that it was NOT from China. Look at the ingredient label. Between the line that says "Certified Organic by QAI. US-ORG-050" And the line that says "Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk...." a line has been eliminated from the label photo on the iHerb website. This missing line, on the actual label, sitting in front of me, says: "Product of China. Packaged in the USA." Sure, the stevia probably tastes great, as do many foods laced with toxins. I was so happy to find this product and was excited about the general iHerb inventory for the future. However, after this experience it would be difficult for me to trust any label on the iHerb website.

One of the Best.

Posted by Reviewer2133269 on Oct 12, 2013

This is an excellent product. No aftertaste & as sweet as described. I switched to this after NuNatural 's changed their formula, which used to be great & is now awful. I'm glad I switched. Now I have to hope that the bottle lasts as long.

Better Than NuNaturals!

Posted by tigerkiss on Apr 02, 2012

Author, nutritionist, and raw foodist, Natalia Rose, put me onto stevia which I am thankful for, but she is either too set in her ways or is making money from recommending the NuNaturals to everyone as well as selling it on her website. It was a good brand, in terms of no nasty aftertaste, but I just never got a great feeling about it and felt to find an organic and more natural version. Thanks to my intuition and iherb's customer feedback, I made the change. This Now Foods one is by far the best and I totally recommend it! I will never return to NuNaturals or feel a need to try any others. This is it! x

Great sugar replacement!

Posted by Reviewer2096101 on Sep 16, 2011

We don't use sugar anymore, so we were looking for a natural substitute. Between Beet sugar, Date sugar and Stevia we are set.

Look no further

Posted by Reviewer2375510 on Mar 18, 2015

If you're looking for a Stevia that (a) has no bitter aftertaste and (b) doesn't require a teaspoon to sweeten a cup of coffee, look no further. I bought a 4 oz. jar, and at the rate I'm using it I probably won't need to order more until the turn of the next century. I'm exaggerating a bit, but you really have to be careful not to use too much of this or it will be *too* sweet: I have a set of sort of novelty measuring spoons labeled "dash," "pinch," and "smidgen" (in descending order of size), and a smidgen is too much for a typical cup of coffee. It's hard to measure correctly, but it looks like a smidgen is between 1/20 and 1/24 of a teaspoon: it takes 5-6 of them to fill a 1/4 tsp. measuring spoon. It does have a lingering flavor, particularly if you overdo it, but it's sweet-ish, not bitter. Given the fact that it's 100% stevia, with no fillers, Maltodextrin, and therefore really OK for diabetics, I'm fine with the lingering flavor and I've got my stevia going forward unless and until they stop making it.

Best tasting stevia!

Posted by Reviewer1790912 on May 01, 2015

We have tried many brands of stevia. This one taste the best. My wife does not like stevia. But, she likes this one. This is the one we will be using from "Now" on. This is a big bottle and will last a long time which is a great value. It is a perfect size for us because we use this in almost everything... drinks, baking, cooking, etc. It really makes everything taste better. Just remember to use a little, that is all you need. If stevia is used too much, its taste can be overpowering although this one is very forgiving.

sadly not as good as Nu stevia extract

Posted by Reviewer2681046 on Jul 09, 2013

I got this because the Nu stevia extract was out of stock. I appreciate many products from the Now Foods brand but this stevia is a bit bitter afterall. It's not as bad as the Sweet Leaf liquid stevia which makes everything you put it in taste inedible bitter-sweet, but I will not buy this again. It's very difficult business finding non-bitter stevia! here in Europe, almost impossible it seems...

Doesn't Seem Very Sweet

Posted by Reviewer2418106 on Sep 12, 2012

I don't think I will purchase this again. Even at 1.5 times the amount of the previous stevia extract powder I used, it is not very sweet. I think I will return to using my former brand once this is finished. Stevia, I found, is hit and miss. The level of service I received from iherb.com though is great on a positive note. The carrier lost the original shipment which iherb.com quickly replaced. Kudos to iherb.com!

Organic Stevia

Posted by Reviewer2033686 on Oct 09, 2012

Fantastic and affordably priced. I stopped eating sugar a long time ago. Stevia is a wonderful plant based sweetener!

Best-tasting Stevia I've ever had

Posted by 5743354080473897819 on Jul 11, 2015

This is my favourite stevia product and one I've purchased quite a few times. I haven't been able to find a stevia product in our supermarkets in Australia that isn't packed with other fillers and sweeteners. Some of them are only 0.5% stevia and yet say "stevia" on the label. Perhaps they should say "maltodextrin" on the labels instead since that is usually the main ingredient. It takes about a pinch or two of this stevia to sweeten a cup of tea, and the taste is very good with no bitterness. Highly recommended.