Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2975168 on Apr 03, 2010

Now Foods Spirulina gives mental and physical energy and makes it is easier to loose weight. Recommended.

very beneficial

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Jul 22, 2015

Spirulina is one of the supplements I really notice a difference with.   It's good :-) read about the health benefits for me and it does have a positive effect on my issue. I will continue taking it. ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **

Horrible Experience

Posted by 4933530442224034903 on Jan 05, 2014

After taking this supplement I became very nauseous, developed a fever higher than any time I've ever been sick, and puked more than I have when I contracted stomach flu or viruses in the past. I was out for the last two days and it was a horrible experience not worth any minor health benefits. I don't usually write reviews for products but I felt it necessary that I tell people to be careful with this supplement. While laying sick in bed I did a lot of research on my phone, and apparently Spirulina and other blue-green algae absorbs the contaminants in its environment. So if there is animal waste or harmful bacteria in the environment that the Spirulina was cultivated in, it will absorb that and then go into your system when you take it. Manufacturers try to downplay these experiences where other people have gotten sick (and yes there are others) as "detoxification." I suppose you are detoxifying yourself when you puke out the contents of your stomach 10 consecutive times in a row, and are lying in your bed nauseous, with a burning throat from all the stomach acid, pounding headache, and shivering from your fever.

Increased energy+ detox

Posted by Reviewer1292580 on Jan 07, 2012

Immediately after taking this product, I developed hives. Very possible a detox reaction because I didn't eat anything different than my daily diet. I am also surprised that taking this product increased my skin firmness!

Terrible product and service

Posted by 5117928921871906059 on Jun 04, 2015

I ordered 6 bottles. 4 of the were from a bad batch. I have been taking Chlorella for many years so I know the products well. When I opened 4 of the bottles, there was a terrible sour smell, clearly the product wasn't good. Both IHerb as well as NowFoods just didn't do anything but mostly ignore my emails. Will not buy NowFoods products anymore or from IHerb.

Super Protein

Posted by Reviewer1546192 on Apr 02, 2008

I try to eat as much vegetables as I can, but this is the equivalent of much needed nutrients to maintain a healthy life in otherwise poor diet. It's benefits are unmeasurable and I will be buying more of this as well as Chlorella.

the best spirulina i've ever bought

Posted by Reviewer2820499 on Feb 23, 2011

ever since i found what spirulina can do to my life, i've regularly taken it. i've tried several brands and kinds. i prefer this one over those grown in hawaii. hawaiian spirulina has less unpleasant smell, but my body loves this one more.^^;; and, i love the fact that this one has absolutely zero fillers or what so ever. i've reordered 6 bottles! thank you now foods!

A great 'feel-good' superfood!

Posted by Reviewer1685556 on May 24, 2011

Finally, after a few years of work, I am beginning to shake off that sluggish feeling that had begun to take hold of me at 30. I remember thinking, "I'm too young to feel this way!" Eating right, taking care of imbalances and infestations (hello candida and company!) and supplementing really gave results. But starting the green super-foods on a daily basis was like the turbo charge that shot me to the top of the hill. I feel young, light and lithe again. Oh man!!

Immune

Posted by Reviewer2627218 on Apr 12, 2010

There is a bit of a taste when you put the pills in your mouth but it is not long lasting or lingering. I found the product to be excellent for immune health.

Recommended

Posted by Reviewer1298605 on Jan 31, 2012

Excellent quality. Superfood for physical strength, endurance and superior health, immunizing. Super beneficial for blood type A. Great health supporter, I use this for many years. It also supports breastfeed mother and her baby, specially if threaten by flu or virosis. I see great results feeding the mother by spirulina 4gramms per day together with Omega-3 (500DHA). More support given by small amounts of rhodiola rosea extract and milk thistle: My 5 months old little girl cross 5 days of mother's virosis without any illness symptom (exclusively breastfeeded).