• Extra Product Information:
    The manufacturer of this product (Parry Nutraceutical) This is a PURE ORGANIC manufacturer! Our new organic Spirulina is Certified under the US Pharmacopoeia Ingredient Verification program, has a HACCP - Food Safety Standards Certification by BVQI, is certified Kosher and Halal by BVQI, and has ISO 9001 (quality certification) & ISO 14001 (certified compliance with environmental practices, the only spirulina production facility to have earned this certification) quality certifications by BVQI. IMO has independently certified this spirulina as Organic as per USDA/NOP-Final Regulations, and Naturland has certified the product as vegetarian (to the ‘vegan’ standard).

Parry has 20 years experience in growing algae products and also produces natural beta-carotene and astaxanthin. They evolved from a family-owned, indigenous business.

Source for the above information:NowFoods
  • Customer Ratings

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer1323992 on Apr 10, 2008

I purchased this organic spirulina specifically to give to my cats, since I alrady take it daily. They scream and yell every morning waiting for me to give it to them. They only will eat it the straight powder on a dish. It's exceptionally good for them. I give them each 1/8 teaspoon in the morning. They play hard, they sleep well, and their personalities are great!

Serious Rebuilder!

Posted by Reviewer2460886 on Dec 26, 2007

If you are looking to start the new year right, grab this product. I started incorporating spirulina into my daily diet and almost immediately experienced better digestion and elimination. I have also been able to work out at the gym more effectively and intensely. An all around winner.

Wonderful Herb

Posted by Reviewer1881533 on Dec 12, 2007

Chorella used with Spirulina shows amazing results.

Great value!

Posted by lipslife on Apr 13, 2012

Use it in my morning drink to swallow my vitamins, it gives me energy. Sooo much cheaper than in Norway!

Buy again

Posted by Reviewer3086304 on Dec 20, 2008

The source naturals Organic spirulina tastes better than this brand. However this one offers better value. I will buy again. Spirulina helps the mouth's ulcer to recover faster due to the B-12.

Certified Organic versus Hawaiian Spirulina

Posted by Reviewer2209625 on Oct 02, 2011

For one year I consume the Certified Organic Spirulina produced in India from NowFood in average 30 gr per day. It helped me to adjust my weight und increased my energy and I need less resting times. However I just noticed the NowFood Spirulina produced in Hawaii may be not certified Organic therefore it is also cheaper but still contains substantial more nutritional values and minerals then the Organic Spirulina as per now food product analysis. Consequently in future I will change to the Now Food Spirulina produced in Hawaii rather than the certified organic Spirulina produced in India.

The taste...

Posted by Reviewer1117834 on Oct 13, 2010

Oh wow...this stuff is aweful. I tried to put it into everything I could to hide the taste. I know it is good for us, but I had to finally throw it away.

Tasted like Horse Manure

Posted by Reviewer3154371 on Jan 05, 2009

I don't know about the rest of the reviewers here, but the product I received tasted like it was grown on horse manure. Totally repulsive. I was rather disappointed!

Now Foods Organic Powdered Spirulina

Posted by Reviewer1505896 on Jan 27, 2009

I use this twice a day in a green smoothie. It gives me endless energy and makes my skin glow. I would never want to be without it. My daughter started on it also and she says it is the only thing that has ever given her energy and keeps her blood sugar on an even keel.

I actually like the taste (I can't believe it!)

Posted by Reviewer1006176 on Aug 29, 2008

I actually like the taste (I can't believe it!) Very fine powder, blends super easily.