My essential secret weapon against ageing!

Posted by Reviewer3353792 on Jan 22, 2016

I have been taking Now Foods L-Carnosine for well over ten years and feel sure that it has contributed enormously to keeping me strong, fit and well. I am over seventy now but feel I have the energy, strength and flexibility of someone a generation younger. There are a few essential supplements that I would not be without and this is top of my list.

Good Carnosine Product With Good Price

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 09, 2015

These capsules are very easy to swallow. Carnosine's effectiveness doesn't build gradually. If you don't take enough of it during the day, it simply has no effect. The reason is that carnosine is readily degraded by the enzyme carnosinase in the human body. You need to take enough to overwhelm the carnosinase so that "undegraded" carnosine can make its way to the cells of your body. The amount varies according to age and diet, but in general, for people in their mid-thirties and higher, you're looking at 1000-1500 mg a day. If you're younger, healthy, and include lots of meat in your diet, 500 mg a day is probably enough. Carnosine, when used properly, is one of the most effective and fast acting natural anti-aging options available -- and that's being confirmed and validated in study after study. Carnosine has the remarkable ability to throttle down bodily processes that are in a state of excess, and to ramp up those that are under expressed. For example, carnosine thins the blood of people whose blood tends to clot too much and increases the clotting tendency in those with a low clotting index. Carnosine is good for muscles and good for brain too. Yoy may want to use DMAE and Acetyl-l-carnitine to help remove the lipofuscin produced in the body as a side effect of carnosine's protective action. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

l-Carnosine

Posted by Finland- on Jul 20, 2015

Tilaan tätä karnosiiniä koska on jauheena kapselissa. Edullinen hinta myös. Otan vain yhden kapselin päivässä

Take With Coffee in AM

Posted by Reviewer2104094 on Dec 18, 2014

It appears to add energy to my daily routine. Apparently it's required for cellular activity and may be anti-aging.

Posted by MORE-REVIEWS-FOR-YOU on Nov 13, 2014

Make no mistake; L-carnosine still ranks as one of the most important anti-aging supplements available to us today. Not only is it protective for all of the long-term conditions, but IT IS probably THE SINGLE SUPPLEMENT MOST LIKELY TO PRODUCE A VISIBLE "YOUTHENING" OF YOUR APPEARANCE IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME -- THREE TO SIX MONTHS. I also recommend DMAE (Product Number: NOW-03090) and Acetyl-l-carnitine (Product Number: DRB-00152) to help remove the lipofuscin produced in the body as a side effect of carnosine's protective action.

Great to be a dipeptide

Posted by 5433254532286213877 on Oct 01, 2014

Excellent product, really helps immensely in practice, reducing the effect of lactic acid.

Made me rageful

Posted by Reviewer1683664 on Jul 14, 2014

This supplement made me so irrationally rageful that I sought some very expensive and radical mental health treatment. I was completely out of control. It was a few weeks before I realized it was the carnosine. I had just blithely added it to my daily regimen.

very expensive

Posted by 4871441214480765874 on May 29, 2014

very expensive

Lost some weight with these.

Posted by mozzer on May 12, 2014

I took 2 to 3g per day, 1g per meal along with Metagenics liquid fish oil. I take the fish oil "Poliquin style." In the past 6 weeks I've dropped fat pretty quickly, of course along with going to the gym and generally being strict about very low sugar and alcohol consumption.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1876891 on May 07, 2014

I am approaching 60 and feeling it. L-Carnosine is great when you need extra energy. Follow the directions on the bottle.