L-Lysine

Posted by 5578850690353612933 on Apr 21, 2016

cold sores are a pain, this product reduces re-occurrence

Good

Posted by 5349479473289017231 on Feb 28, 2016

Works as explained!

GREAT!!!!!

Posted by 5495069641474287848 on Sep 22, 2015

We always have a bottle of this at home!!!!! My husband treats his lips herpes only with this product. it takes it for a day and the herpes stops annoying him, by the second day it is totally cured.

Lysine is a miracle cure.

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Aug 01, 2015

After I got influenza a few years back I got the worst cold sore outbreak I've ever had. I was a mess. A doctor prescribed me an antiviral. Later another doctor who I was having drinks with (and not on the clock) confirmed that the prescription antivirals aren't really very helpful. I've never had any luck with them anyways. She told me to take large doses of lysine (5000 mg a day) each day if I feel an outbreak starting and it should nip it in the bud. I had nothing to lose and lysine is super cheap.This is the best and only cold sore cure out there. It really, really works. I am a convert. I have bottles of lysine everywhere I go frequently, so I am never surprised and miss a chance. I have one when I travel, one at work, one at home, and one at my parents' house for when I visit. ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **

Good

Posted by 4628961055580544437 on Apr 29, 2015

For the past 4 months I have been having herpes outbreak on the back of my thigh monthly, and it usually comes with a cold. I have been taking it for 2 weeks now to hopefully keep the outbreaks at bay. Still too early to say but I have noticed that my immune system has gone up. Surrounded by sick people and surprisingly I'm not sick!

Great product for skin healing and immune system!

Posted by Reviewer3174354 on Mar 10, 2015

Great product for skin healing and immune system!

Immune Support

Posted by Reviewer1604997 on Nov 26, 2014

My physician suggested I try L-Lysine (an essential amino acid) as an immune booster. After researching the various products on iHerb, I chose the Now Foods brand as it is pharmaceutical grade and is free of common allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, corn, milk, egg). I also give L-Lysine powder to my cat.

Great value

Posted by johned on Nov 12, 2014

Great value. Pills a little big if you find it hard to swallow. Excellent product overall.

It is an essential amino acid for humans in very good quality.

Posted by 5750552476981955573 on Sep 19, 2014

Lysine (abbreviated as Lys or K)[1] is an α-amino acid with the chemical formula HO2CCH(NH2)(CH2)4NH2. Lysine's codons are AAA and AAG. Lysine is a base, as are arginine and histidine. The ε-amino group often participates in hydrogen bonding and as a general base in catalysis. (The ε-amino group (NH3+) is attached to the fifth carbon beginning from the α-carbon, which is attached to the carboxyl (C=OOH) group.[2]) Common posttranslational modifications include methylation of the ε-amino group, giving methyl-, dimethyl-, and trimethyllysine. The latter occurs in calmodulin. Other posttranslational modifications at lysine residues include acetylation, sumoylation, and ubiquitination. Collagen contains hydroxylysine, which is derived from lysine by lysyl hydroxylase. O-Glycosylation of hydroxylysine residues in the endoplasmic reticulum or Golgi apparatus is used to mark certain proteins for secretion from the cell. This product help me with herpes zoster.

Attention, big pill!

Posted by 5165859509872458036 on Jul 14, 2014

A great product! Acts, but there is one big BUT .. Tablets are very large, oval. Length of 2 cm, width 1 cm, must learn to swallow them :))) Next time I will take capsules!