L-Lysine

Posted by Reviewer2101308 on Oct 04, 2009

I bought to use on my cats for URI and feline herpes, so far I see some results, and I will be back to purchase from IHerb again. Thanks !

Great for my cats

Posted by Reviewer2248275 on May 10, 2008

I adopted 2 cats and one of them always seemed to have a problem with catching colds because she was in a shelter for a while. I sneak this in with their wet food and they don't even notice it. It seems to have helped.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1063171 on Jul 27, 2009

I gave a little to build up my cats' immune systems when they had an infection. It worked quickly and effectively

Huge container!

Posted by Reviewer2903784 on Aug 26, 2010

This should last me a long time. I love this stuff when I get a cold sore to balance up the L-lysine : L-arginine ratios and get rid of the cold sore ASAP. Works for me!

Very helpful

Posted by Reviewer1965720 on Nov 17, 2009

L-lysine is very helpful for cats with runny eyes and sneezing. Mixed in with canned cat food, the cats don't even taste it. Very often, it stops a cold before antibiotics are ever needed and prevents the spread of the cold to the rest of the cats in a household.

Awsome product

Posted by Reviewer2407266 on Dec 20, 2010

I'm very impressed with this product. Easy to dissolve, no unpleasant taste or aftertaste when combined with powdered vit C. I also add some calcium carbonate in order to buffer the vit C and calcium aids lysine absorbtion. Within seconds the concoction clears my nose and sinuses and I feel more energetic. Very cheap and was delivered within 10 days of ordering to France well packed. Thanks Nevena

Excellent choice

Posted by hele-ku-go on Jan 13, 2013

Pure l-lysin powder, great value. We foster stray kittens for a local shelter, and l-lysin is great to support their immune system and resistance to herpes virus before the vaccination. We've never had any problems with such a disease in our foster kittens.

Good product at a great price - to keep humans' and cats' herpes at bay!

Posted by Reviewer2944616 on Mar 23, 2014

Got this at first for my cats. Ended up using it myself. Instead of swallowing too many pills, I put a heaping tablespoon of this into my smoothie (with whey protein, bananas + other fruits, wheat bran, and rice milk). That way I don't taste it, and it absorbs fast and well. Otherwise it's kind of salty. I make a huge (double) portion and drink it over the course of 3-4 hrs (during & post work outs, and/or on my rest days as a meal-to-go). It holds up well, because I freeze the bananas and use frozen fruit. A tablespoon of L-Lysine = 3 teaspoons = (4 x 500 mgs in each teaspoon) x 3 = 6,000+ mgs of L-Lysine! It's a high dose, but that's what works for me to keep herpes outbreaks at bay. However, I still occasionally break out, particularly when stressed or tired and especially if I don't get enough sleep. So I do my best to avoid all that. I also have recently tried Liquid Silver at the very onset of an outbreak & it killed it so fast I couldn't believe it! I used Silver Biotics brand with 10ppm Silver and after more research reordered it. Still need to see what happens longer term. Will update later.

Mixed with Vit C and L-Proline

Posted by Reviewer2167345 on Nov 03, 2007

For reversing heart plaque

Trustworthy quality

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Jul 22, 2015

We use l-lysine to help suppress the symptoms of our cat with feline herpes. When he's on a regular dose (a higher dose of 500 mg, 2x/day), his runny/ulcerated eyes are calm and clear, and his wet sneezing is down to a minimum.ysine powder works great, and offers great savings. I tasted the powder myself--a little bitter, but in a highly-flavored wet food, it didn't seem to bother our cat. Opening l-lysine capsules and mixing the powder into his wet food worked just fine but got expensive after a while. Plus, all of those gelatin capsules were just wasteful (and annoying). ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **