Great! Use it For My Cat

Posted by Zenzie on May 02, 2015

Tried this along with Lactoferrin by Jarrow, have been giving it to my cat. He was diagnosed with feline herpes virus. The vet injected him two different times with shots and even though he acted better right away, it only lasted a few days before he started declining again. I read in a forum that Lysine and Lactoferrin was a good combo for this type of feline illness. Ordered both from iHerb and then mix it into my cat's food (canned food) with a little water, made it a little soupy, twice a day (1/8 teaspoon Lysine & 1/2 capsule Lactoferrin) and within a few days he started acting better. By the end of the week he was so full of life, it was like he went back into kittenhood. It's been 4 or 5 months already and he's doing great. I cut back the amount to only once a day. When he starts acting a little tired, or I catch him sneezing that's when I know the virus is trying to come back... so I'll do an extra dose for a day or two and it goes away. Very happy with this product.

Lysine and Pauling

Posted by 5666302233670952595 on Nov 07, 2013

This L-Lysine is not only excellently priced, it is also a quality product. My use of it is connected with Linus Pauling's work with Vitamin C. When vitamin C is used in conjunction with Amino Acids Lysine and Proline, it appears to have some useful effects in the treatment of arterial plaque.

Good quality, good price.

Posted by Reviewer2259781 on Apr 20, 2011

Taste free powder sneaks into a smoothie without a hitch.

Love this Lysine

Posted by Pvnshelp on Aug 22, 2008

It is apparently flavorless and my kitties easily accept it mixed into their canned cat food. They hated the stuff vet gave us and refused to eat it.

L-Lysine Bulk Powder

Posted by Reviewer2655594 on Nov 19, 2010

I foster many cats. There is a constant battle with cleaning to prevent spread of germs. Even with that, you can't predict when an outbreak of some virus they carry within them will occur. I was just starting to see another wave of some respiratory outbreak beginning when I received the Lysine. Within two days, there was no more sneezing and eye weeping was turning around. In my position, I'm so greatful for bulk products like this.

L-Lysine Powder

Posted by Reviewer3032361 on May 01, 2009

I use this for my cat with feline herpes virus. Very convenient to give in her wet food and contains no fillers. Very reasonable price, fast shipping.

Works only sometimes...

Posted by Reviewer2627454 on Mar 23, 2013

I bought this for my sinuses because several people had recommended it for that. The first week it worked wonders, no more stuffy nose at night! A miracle, so I thought. After that, it seemed to quit working. I used it anyway for another week and still no change. I stopped using it altogether for about 2 weeks and then started again and it only helped somewhat, nothing like before. Weird! I may try it again soon before tossing it. The taste is also nasty...I don't understand how people can say it's tasteless, it's extremely bitter with an intense salty taste. It works well in orange juice or mixed in apple sauce.

Essensiel aminosyre, styrker immunforsvaret - Forebygger herpes, benkjørhet, helvetesild - og hjelper de med hjertesykdom

Posted by etiskhandel on Apr 20, 2013

Aminosyrer som lysin er byggesteinene i protein. Et signal på at kroppen får for lite lysin gjennom kosten er tretthet, kvalme, tap av apetitt, urolighet mm. Dersom man er plaget med dårlig immunforsvar og gjentagende herpesutbrudd anbefales tilskudd av lysin som forebyggende (før utbrudd) Lysin hjelper kroppen å absorbere kalsium. kalsium er avgjørende for bein helse, og noen forskere mener at lysin kan bidra til å forhindre bentap assosiert med osteoporose. Jeg kjøpte dette produktet for å forebygge herpes, og har ikke hatt antydning til utbrudd etter at jeg begynte med denne (og sitron balm) I tillegg fant jeg utrolig interessant informasjon om at dette i kombinasjon med vitamin c hjelper mange som har hjertesykdommer. søk opp linus pauling på google for mer info

L-Lysine powder

Posted by Jeanne1974 on Jan 01, 2014

Since foods like nuts, seeds and grains are high in arginine, and low in lysine, I add a half teaspoon of lysine powder to my morning juice when I have oatmeal. At lunch, to balance the amino acids in the brown rice protein or pea protein smoothie, I also add a half teaspoon L-Lysine. Otherwise I get cold sores and this product has made that a thing of the past. One bottle lasts me a very long time )maybe 6 months or so).

Not for Humans Only

Posted by Reviewer1727552 on Dec 26, 2008

This is a great product. I use it for our cats to control the Herpes Virus. When added to the food the cats don't mind.