Excellent choice

Posted by hele-ku-go on Jan 13, 2013

Pure l-lysin powder, great value. We foster stray kittens for a local shelter, and l-lysin is great to support their immune system and resistance to herpes virus before the vaccination. We've never had any problems with such a disease in our foster kittens.

Good quality, good price.

Posted by Reviewer2259781 on Apr 20, 2011

Taste free powder sneaks into a smoothie without a hitch.

Mixed with Vit C and L-Proline

Posted by Reviewer2167345 on Nov 03, 2007

For reversing heart plaque

Not for Humans Only

Posted by Reviewer1727552 on Dec 26, 2008

This is a great product. I use it for our cats to control the Herpes Virus. When added to the food the cats don't mind.

Great! Use it For My Cat

Posted by Zenzie on May 02, 2015

Tried this along with Lactoferrin by Jarrow, have been giving it to my cat. He was diagnosed with feline herpes virus. The vet injected him two different times with shots and even though he acted better right away, it only lasted a few days before he started declining again. I read in a forum that Lysine and Lactoferrin was a good combo for this type of feline illness. Ordered both from iHerb and then mix it into my cat's food (canned food) with a little water, made it a little soupy, twice a day (1/8 teaspoon Lysine & 1/2 capsule Lactoferrin) and within a few days he started acting better. By the end of the week he was so full of life, it was like he went back into kittenhood. It's been 4 or 5 months already and he's doing great. I cut back the amount to only once a day. When he starts acting a little tired, or I catch him sneezing that's when I know the virus is trying to come back... so I'll do an extra dose for a day or two and it goes away. Very happy with this product.

Works only sometimes...

Posted by Reviewer2627454 on Mar 23, 2013

I bought this for my sinuses because several people had recommended it for that. The first week it worked wonders, no more stuffy nose at night! A miracle, so I thought. After that, it seemed to quit working. I used it anyway for another week and still no change. I stopped using it altogether for about 2 weeks and then started again and it only helped somewhat, nothing like before. Weird! I may try it again soon before tossing it. The taste is also nasty...I don't understand how people can say it's tasteless, it's extremely bitter with an intense salty taste. It works well in orange juice or mixed in apple sauce.

L-Lysine Powder

Posted by Reviewer2074643 on Oct 02, 2010

L-Lysine was reccomended by my Veterunarian when I began my dream of breeding and showing Persian Cats. Prone to respitory issues due to their facial structure, finding the powdered from in a larger container was exactly what I needed. I have been using L-Lysine powder in my kittys water abd food since 2003 and have very little issues with upper respitory in my kittys. I herb has always been my source.

Awesome product!!!

Posted by Reviewer3160241 on Nov 15, 2007

I am using this product to boost the immune system of cats and kittens that are a part of a rescue I volunteer with and it is wonderful! This powder sticks to the dry food great and also mixes well with wet food. It has kept so many from upper respiratory infections and other cold type symptoms. Again, it is wonderful. Thanks for the great price!

Fantastic!

Posted by Reviewer1129720 on Jun 14, 2010

Great value and easy to feed to pets and humans. The taste is a bit icky, so I prefer to mix it in a citrus juice to mask it. Works well for my cat's herpes too.

L-Lysine Powder

Posted by Reviewer2082216 on Jan 12, 2011

This was recommended by our veterinarian for a case of Herpes in our Bombay. Haven't had him on it long enough to evaluate long term, but it seems to be helping with his eye problem.