Love this Lysine

Posted by Pvnshelp on Aug 22, 2008

It is apparently flavorless and my kitties easily accept it mixed into their canned cat food. They hated the stuff vet gave us and refused to eat it.

Excellent choice

Posted by hele-ku-go on Jan 13, 2013

Pure l-lysin powder, great value. We foster stray kittens for a local shelter, and l-lysin is great to support their immune system and resistance to herpes virus before the vaccination. We've never had any problems with such a disease in our foster kittens.

Mixed with Vit C and L-Proline

Posted by Reviewer2167345 on Nov 03, 2007

For reversing heart plaque

Trustworthy quality

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Jul 22, 2015

We use l-lysine to help suppress the symptoms of our cat with feline herpes. When he's on a regular dose (a higher dose of 500 mg, 2x/day), his runny/ulcerated eyes are calm and clear, and his wet sneezing is down to a minimum.ysine powder works great, and offers great savings. I tasted the powder myself--a little bitter, but in a highly-flavored wet food, it didn't seem to bother our cat. Opening l-lysine capsules and mixing the powder into his wet food worked just fine but got expensive after a while. Plus, all of those gelatin capsules were just wasteful (and annoying). ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **

Essensiel aminosyre, styrker immunforsvaret - Forebygger herpes, benkjørhet, helvetesild - og hjelper de med hjertesykdom

Posted by etiskhandel on Apr 20, 2013

Aminosyrer som lysin er byggesteinene i protein. Et signal på at kroppen får for lite lysin gjennom kosten er tretthet, kvalme, tap av apetitt, urolighet mm. Dersom man er plaget med dårlig immunforsvar og gjentagende herpesutbrudd anbefales tilskudd av lysin som forebyggende (før utbrudd) Lysin hjelper kroppen å absorbere kalsium. kalsium er avgjørende for bein helse, og noen forskere mener at lysin kan bidra til å forhindre bentap assosiert med osteoporose. Jeg kjøpte dette produktet for å forebygge herpes, og har ikke hatt antydning til utbrudd etter at jeg begynte med denne (og sitron balm) I tillegg fant jeg utrolig interessant informasjon om at dette i kombinasjon med vitamin c hjelper mange som har hjertesykdommer. søk opp linus pauling på google for mer info

Good product at a great price - to keep humans' and cats' herpes at bay!

Posted by Reviewer2944616 on Mar 23, 2014

Got this at first for my cats. Ended up using it myself. Instead of swallowing too many pills, I put a heaping tablespoon of this into my smoothie (with whey protein, bananas + other fruits, wheat bran, and rice milk). That way I don't taste it, and it absorbs fast and well. Otherwise it's kind of salty. I make a huge (double) portion and drink it over the course of 3-4 hrs (during & post work outs, and/or on my rest days as a meal-to-go). It holds up well, because I freeze the bananas and use frozen fruit. A tablespoon of L-Lysine = 3 teaspoons = (4 x 500 mgs in each teaspoon) x 3 = 6,000+ mgs of L-Lysine! It's a high dose, but that's what works for me to keep herpes outbreaks at bay. However, I still occasionally break out, particularly when stressed or tired and especially if I don't get enough sleep. So I do my best to avoid all that. I also have recently tried Liquid Silver at the very onset of an outbreak & it killed it so fast I couldn't believe it! I used Silver Biotics brand with 10ppm Silver and after more research reordered it. Still need to see what happens longer term. Will update later.

Not for Humans Only

Posted by Reviewer1727552 on Dec 26, 2008

This is a great product. I use it for our cats to control the Herpes Virus. When added to the food the cats don't mind.

Works only sometimes...

Posted by Reviewer2627454 on Mar 23, 2013

I bought this for my sinuses because several people had recommended it for that. The first week it worked wonders, no more stuffy nose at night! A miracle, so I thought. After that, it seemed to quit working. I used it anyway for another week and still no change. I stopped using it altogether for about 2 weeks and then started again and it only helped somewhat, nothing like before. Weird! I may try it again soon before tossing it. The taste is also nasty...I don't understand how people can say it's tasteless, it's extremely bitter with an intense salty taste. It works well in orange juice or mixed in apple sauce.

L-Lysine Powder

Posted by Reviewer2074643 on Oct 02, 2010

L-Lysine was reccomended by my Veterunarian when I began my dream of breeding and showing Persian Cats. Prone to respitory issues due to their facial structure, finding the powdered from in a larger container was exactly what I needed. I have been using L-Lysine powder in my kittys water abd food since 2003 and have very little issues with upper respitory in my kittys. I herb has always been my source.

Awesome product!!!

Posted by Reviewer3160241 on Nov 15, 2007

I am using this product to boost the immune system of cats and kittens that are a part of a rescue I volunteer with and it is wonderful! This powder sticks to the dry food great and also mixes well with wet food. It has kept so many from upper respiratory infections and other cold type symptoms. Again, it is wonderful. Thanks for the great price!