Now Foods, L-Theanine, Double Strength, 200 mg, 60 Veggie Capsules

What a Godsend!

Posted by Reviewer2359777 on Mar 14, 2008

I saw on TV that Theanine was being tested with Children with ADHD. (Although I recommend TwinLab and just 100 mg for kids. This brand may be ok but maybe the other one without caffeine not sure of mg's on it.) I have ADD and so does my daughter. I love this stuff for me. Way better than any anti-depressant or anxiety in my case that I have ever taken!! We don't get so anxious anymore. We are calm. I think the world should be on Theanine. I have tried other brands and I like this the best. I kind of gives me a little extra energy too. The best part is -NO SIDE EFFECTS that I have found! My mother and mother in law love it too!

Great product

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 16, 2013

There are already over 100 good reviews so I won't repeat the frequently stated benefits. This is a great thing to try before trying an over the counter sleep drug or a prescription drug. I will say that this is an amino acid and to be most effective you should take on an empty stomach. I have seen some say they take it at dinner time and this will not be as effective. This may have been the problem with the few reviewers who said it did not work at all. As for the one or two that had a stomach issue while taking it, they could try taking it with more water. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

A life-saver

Posted by Reviewer2626682 on Jan 01, 2008

After trying almost every anti-depressant known to man and always having to stop due to side-effects zapping too much energy from me, a therapist recommended I try this and it's made all the difference! This medicine makes calms me down and keeps me in a decent mood with no side effects/drowsiness. An added bonus is it appears to make me lose weight too!

No More Jaw Aches

Posted by Reviewer2953846 on Jan 01, 2008

I kept waking up with jaw aches and my dentist said I was clinching so hard in my sleep that my teeth were moving. 400 mg of L-Theanine before bed and no more pain!

L-Theanine is great for stress

Posted by Reviewer3306584 on Nov 24, 2007

This little amino acid works wonders for me. It's a subtle feeling that you might overlook but eventually you realize you are calm and focused -- the stress has melted away. I buy NOW Foods because they are a brand I can trust. GMP certified using the known-to-be-pure Suntheanine. A winner.