Helps with leg cramps, suitable for vegans

Posted by Reviewer1175250 on Jul 07, 2015

I really like Now Foods, they make good products for an affordable price. Their magnesium citrate really helps me with muscle pain from fibromyalgia, and at very high doses (3-4 grams) it works well as a safe laxative. Please ignore the one-star review at the top of the page. There are lots of things that can be used as effective toilet cleaners that are safe to consume - vinegar and bicarb come to mind. If citric acid was dangerous, then none of us would eat oranges, lemons and grapefruit, blueberries, tomatoes or pineapple. Magnesium citrate is perfectly safe, and studies have shown that it's one of the most bio-available form of magnesium (the other is magnesium gluconate). It's also been shown to help prevent the formation of kidney stones. Magnesium citrate is both affordable and well absorbed, which makes it an excellent way to take magnesium if you require supplementation.

These work well.

Posted by Reviewer2850178 on Jul 15, 2009

I actually carry some of these caps around with me in my purse at all times. Magnesium is so helpful if you tend to get leg cramps or twitches. In fact, I carry some of these caps with me at all times, in case my magnesium level gets low, and I feel a leg cramp coming on while I am away from home.

Makes a BIG difference!

Posted by Reviewer1376547 on Dec 21, 2006

Since adding this supplement to my schedule I have been resting better and have been very regular with my bowl movments! I take 3 capsuls per day and can really tell a difference for the worse if I don't take them.

customer

Posted by Reviewer3234546 on May 25, 2008

very good for high blood pressure

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2143084 on Dec 22, 2009

Great magnesium for anxiety, and improved sleep Thanks

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer2123273 on Dec 29, 2009

This is one supplement where the effects are almost immediately noticeable. (usually overnight) I take magnesium citrate to help reduce muscle spasms but it also works as a mineral laxative. I've tried other brands and other formulas and I prefer this particular Now Foods formula. The capsules are easy to swallow and they don't upset my stomach.

prevents kidney stones

Posted by Reviewer1562500 on Aug 24, 2008

After having surgery for a kidney stone in spring 2008, the urologist who operated on me recommended that I take magnesium citrate to prevent more stones from forming. Have been using this supplement and so far no more stones.

Great magnesium citrate with a small serving size

Posted by odereviews on Feb 12, 2013

I’m glad that I’ve found magnesium citrate. Muscle cramps are past life. Helps me to relax after a hard day. Helps with restless legs too. I suggest taking magnesium citrate before going to sleep, as it relaxes your muscles nicely. Now Foods Magnesium Citrate 120 VCaps has been the best so far (with the price & quality ratio measurement once again). I take only two Vcaps daily, as 500mg would be too much for my stomach! Good alternative is Now Foods Magnesium citrate 180 Softgels, which has magnesium in three different forms: Magnesium Citrate, Magnesium Glycinate and Magnesium Malate.

Amazing toilet cleaner!

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 13, 2014

I used to be a fan of citrate, I really did. But let me tell you something - I had stains on my toilet bowl that nothing would remove - and I mean NOTHING. I tried the most industrial cleaners I could find, scouring pads and the strongest elbow grease I could muster - nothing worked. Then I remembered the amazing powers of citric acid and thought why not try it. I sprinkled some around the bowl and left it. And wow. I didn't even need to scrub the worst stain - it flushed away. I was gobsmacked. Citric acid is now my staple bathroom cleaner. And is one reason why I'll never take anything citrate again. As a 'mild' blood thinner and chelating agent, it might work wonders for those in need of an artery cleanse, but is definitely not for me. The results of my toilet bowl test certainly help explain some things. I've read krebs cycle formulations are less tolerated by those suffering allergies or immune dysfunction. Best source of magnesium - pumpkin seeds. 28g (1oz) of pumpkin seeds contain approx 150mg magnesium. If low magnesisum is an issue for you, suggest avoiding foods high in molybdenum - molybdenum is a potent antagonist. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1923677 on Aug 22, 2008

One of my best iherb purchases so far. Really helps to calm me down before going to bed. Also useful in stressful situations. Much better tolerated than the Oxide form.