Affordable Way To Get Enough Magnesium

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 08, 2015

These tablets are quite big to swallow. Furthermore, there is magnesium stearate in the product. That's why I will give four stars. Benefits of magnesium may be more far-reaching than we've imagined. For example for: fibromyalgia, atrial fibrillation, type 2 diabetes, premenstrual syndrome, cardiovascular disease, migraine, aging. Magnesium also plays a role in your body's detoxification processes and therefore is important for helping to prevent damage from environmental chemicals, heavy metals and other toxins. Even glutathione, your body's most powerful antioxidant that has even been called "the master antioxidant," requires magnesium for its synthesis. There's no lab test that will give you a truly accurate reading of the magnesium status in your tissues. Only one percent of magnesium in your body is distributed in your blood, making a simple sample of magnesium from a blood test highly inaccurate. Early signs of magnesium deficiency to keep an eye out for include: loss of appetite, headache, nausea and vomiting, fatigue and weakness. An ongoing magnesium deficiency can lead to more serious symptoms, including: numbness and tingling, muscle contractions and cramps, seizures, personality changes, abnormal heart rhythms, coronary spasms, Magnesium citrate is magnesium with citric acid, which has laxative properties. However, I have not noticed anything. The difference between magnesium as a supplement and magnesium as a laxative is the dose. Magnesium Citrate is probably the most cost effective. (400 to 600 mg at bedtime is a good dose; or 200 to 300 mg two to three times a day). In a situation of magnesium deficiency, it may take up to 6 months of oral supplementation to correct things. I hope that you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2269198 on Nov 20, 2007

My doctor says that magnesium citrate is one of the most absorbable forms of magnesium. Now foods makes it affordable.

These are a good deal

Posted by Reviewer2123273 on Nov 01, 2007

These tablets are easy to swallow and the larger quantity makes them a good value for your money.

magnesium citrate

Posted by Reviewer1990759 on Aug 17, 2008

A surprising immediate increase in energy. My concern at age 79 is avoiding heart problems, and avoiding dementia. This compound, at 200 mg per day, seems to be quite helpful.

Great

Posted by Reviewer1964602 on Jan 15, 2008

I read somewhere that most adults are deficient in magnesium. If you get leg cramps, this will fix it.

my magnesium

Posted by Reviewer3298459 on Nov 22, 2008

This is really my favorit magnesium product. I take it because I suffer from mild muscle-cramps all over my body. It was adviced to me by a homeopathic dokter. It gets rid of 80% of my cramps. It took 2-3 weeks to work, but when I stop taking it, the cramps and twitches come back.

Mag. Citrate

Posted by Reviewer1073552 on Feb 22, 2010

Very helpful! I have adrenal burnout and this is one of the supplements that is going to help me get well again.

EASY TO SWALLOW WITH MILK

Posted by Reviewer2737079 on Nov 03, 2010

I've read that this form is readily absorbable in body. I have osteopenia and fibromyalgia. I have noticed a significant improvement in my sleep pattern. Deeper sleep less aches. I hope in 6 months that my bone density will have improved from the last one last week. I take the magnesium citrate and calcium supplement with 200mg of niacin (for my increased cholesterol)before I go to sleep at night. I no longer have to use a sleep aid. Great product, fast shipping and great company.

Magnesium Citrate

Posted by Reviewer2207331 on Jun 30, 2011

The Citrate radical makes the difference. Lower leg paraesthesiae, radiculopathy or peripheral neuropathy, who knows, who cares, this preparation has, incombination with Cinnamon Bark and Benfotiamine given me renewed hope that I can reverse a lower leg problem that was bringing my active life to an end. I suffered spinal vertebrae compression fractures in Rodeo and on war service when younger and had almost given up when I read an article that I now believe gave me back my old get-up-and-go.

Thes best form of magnesium I have taken.

Posted by Reviewer2167095 on Sep 03, 2011

I have tried many types of magnesium including 100% reacted glycinate but non have been as effective as magnesium citrate. I was very surprised as I did not expect such a good result. After contacting NOW Foods, they also confirmed for me that this product is 100% reacted & that the 200mg in each tablet is 100% elemental magnesium. Highly recommended.